Chapter 9- FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Wei Wuxian's wish came sooner than expected. He had just come from P. E and had changed back into his regular school uniform roughly. He was currently strutting down the hallways leisurely as he missed the last 30 minutes of Physical class. It was too cold to be in just shorts and a shirt and Wuxian was feeling too lazy to be bothered with anything at the moment.
He walked on whistling as a lazy smile lopped on his face.

  “Wei Wuxian, student 0460 of class 4A,stop right there.” a low voice spoke making Wuxian turn in surprise. Who in the whole world would call him like that as though he was a registered school property.

He was pleasantly surprised however, to find the person in question was the person he had been curious about. Right before him was none other than Lan Zhan himself. The so called cold Prince. Lan Zhan stood a bit far from Wuxian with his ever serious and neutral face. He planned to get closer but Wuxian beat him to it and quickly came to him.

      “Ohhh, Lan Zhan isn't it? I believe we haven't exactly met yet. Hi, I'm Wei Wuxian. We share the same class,” Wuxian said friendly extending his hand out in greeting. His hand was left hanging as Lan Zhan made no intention to take it and rather glared at Wuxian. He knew him alright. How else would he have known his name?

  Wuxian got the message pretty quick and played off the awkwardness that was around as he took back his hand.

  “Hmm-hmmm, I believe you called me just now. Is there anything you need?” Wuxian continued clearing his throat.

   “Are you aware that you are currently violating several school regulations?” Lan Zhan responded deadpanningly causing the care free smile on Wuxian's face to slowly dissappear.

  “Exc-what..... I don't.....”

“Rule 35,all students should attend all their classes fully until the end of the day. You are currently missing the P. E class. Rule 21,the school uniform shall be worn accordingly and with dignity. You have an untucked shirt, two buttons undone, hanging tie, folded up sleeves and one of your shoe laces are untied. Rule 46,noone is permitted to loiter around the hallway especially during class time and make noise at the same time. Rule 17......”

    “Hey, hey enough. I get it. I'm breaking a lot of rules. Jeez, did you memorise the whole rule book or what?”Wuxian butt in suddenly getting a headache. This guy was unbelievable.

Lan Zhan stopped in his tracks letting his words sink in as he continued gazing at him.

    “Fine. I accept that I'm breaking a few silly rules but so are you!! I mean what are you doing in the hallways at this moment and also you are missing P. E as well. Explain that young sir.”

      “I don't have to explain myself to you. Rules are put in place to maintain law and order and ensure that everyone is at the right place, in the right way, doing the right thing with the right people. If you find them silly then it seems as though you are the one with the problem.” Lan Zhan further affirmed.

   Wuxian broke out chuckling. There was no way this guy was serious especially about some school rules of all things. He was having a fit when he looked up and found Lan Zhan as serious as ever, not even cracking in the least. He was looking at him ad though Wuxian was the biggest fool to grace the earth.

     “Ah, ah. Don't be so serious Lan Zhan. You will get wrinkles at this young age. Ok, Ok. I will fix myself a bit before the next lesson but until then why don't we two go back to class and have a small afternoon nap anyway. I will keep your rule breaking a secret and you can keep mine in return. How about that mmmh?” Wuxian offered smiling, his eyebrows arching.