healed in bed.

cw: rough sex, biting, OVERSTIMULATION, slight dubcon not really but ig, validation kink, MASOCHISM, slight edging, maybe some other things

word count: 4087

(request by @Kaitlin_157 i hope you like it!)

also, this may just be my favourite chapter. i know i say that about nearly every one but this one hits different.

ANOTHER THING i am so sorry it took me so long to uploud this.

okay now i will let you read you dirty heathens 😏

"you're hurt," adelia said as charlie walked into their home.

he stifled a groan as he continued hugging his side and arm until he finally reached the kitchen. his wife watched as he opened a cabinet—the one that held their booze—and drank directly from the bottle of firewhiskey he pulled out.

"charlie—" she started, but was quickly cut off by the sound of glass crushing in his hand. firewhiskey and glass crashed on the floor. adelia saw charlie clench his now hurt hand—one more thing in pain—and move to clean up the mess.

"i'll do it," she said quietly. charlie's response was a slight dip of his head.

she grabbed her wand from the table, saying a quick cleaning spell. vanished the glass and alcohol.

he muttered a winced "fuck" under his breath. hesitantly, she came over to his side. blood was lightly dripping from his hand, pooling on the floor. with delicacy, she took his bleeding hand in hers.

she scolded him in her head. chastised his temper.

but in the moment, she could tell he needed her. it wasn't easy after the war. the grief over his brother ate away at him. the stress of work visibly weighed on his shoulders.

when she looked up at him, his eyes were closed. they were shut tight, like he was trying to stop his anger from building.

she brought her hand to his face, resting her palm on his cheek. felt him lean into her touch; sigh at the feeling of her fingers on his skin.

"oh, sweetheart," she spoke softly as she rubbed the back of his cut hand. pushed his soft red hair behind his ear before kissing his forehead.

"let me get something for your hand, yeah?" she said as she stepped back, going to get a washcloth warm with water.

when she came back, she took his hand once more. sighed as she took notice of the small shards of glass stuck in his flesh.

she let his hand travel to her waist, gripping tightly as he grunted through clenched teeth. she worked the glass out of his hand, then took the washcloth to clean the blood away. reaching for her wand, she healed his hand.

"all better," she smiled at him. still, he looked miserable—more in pain, really. "what's wrong, charlie?" adelia led him over to the table. had him sit in a seat while she boiled water for tea.

she felt his eyes on her as she moved. once the water was hot enough, she prepared two cups of tea. she walked back over to the table. set them down.

she sat down, pushing charlie's cup towards him. his hand brushed hers as he took his tea. she crossed her legs.

"it's nothing." a smile that didn't reach his eyes.

adelia stood up and walked over to him. she first checked his neck, holding his head and turning it from side to side. he grunted; out of stubbornness, not pain. she moved onto his shoulders next. moved her hands along them, all she felt was tensed muscles. nothing broken or torn.