[20]

Sarah and I were squeezed onto her bike as we rode towards Kelce's house, where dozens of cop cars and witnesses were standing. Sarah slowed down with furrowed eyebrows.

"Let me off here," I whispered in her ear, and she looked back at me, stopping the bike.

"What? No, but --"

"I'll be fine. I need to find JJ or Kie or someone. I'll see you later, though, okay?" I said, stepping off the bike. Sarah nodded and took a deep breath before taking a hand off her bike and bringing me into a hug. Another deep breath fell from her lips.

"I'll see you soon," I reassured and broke the hug.

"I love you."

"Love you too," I called as I took off running down the street towards the first location I thought the Pogues would be at besides the Chateau, which was probably crawling with police. The Wreck.

~:*:~

As I arrived at the deserted restaurant, it was well after midnight, and I was exhausted. I trudged through the door, running a hand with still some of Peterkin's blood through my messy hair. "JJ? Pope? Kie?" I called and ran into a chair, causing a loud screech to fill the air.

"Elle?" Pope's voice said, and the trio ran around the corner. All looking distressed but no one more than JJ.

"Elle!" They all yelled and ran towards. JJ rushed ahead of the others and hugged me tightly.

"Oh my God. I thought I'd never get to see you again. Or worse that Ward or Rafe --" he rambled, and I broke the hug, still keeping him close. I shushed him and ran a hand through his blonde hair.

"It's okay. I'm okay. For now," we both laughed in relief, and I pulled him towards me to connect our lips. Someone clearing their throat cut us off, and we turned around to see Pope and Kie standing there with grins on their faces.

Pope walked up and hugged me, and Kiara soon followed. "I'm glad you're safe," she whispered in my ear.

"I'm glad you're safe too."

"Now, if you two don't mind, me and Elle are going to go make out in the bathroom," JJ announced, and my cheeks burned up.

Kie sighed. "Fine. But try not to ruin anything. I'd like it if my parents wouldn't kill me more than they already want to."

JJ nodded and dragged me towards the bathroom. He slammed the door behind us, and when I thought he was going to kiss me, he merely went to the sinks. I furrowed my eyebrows and walked up to him.

"What're you doing?" I asked as he turned on the faucet. 

"Gimme your hand," he held his out, and I hesitantly handed it to him. He brought it under the water and cleaned off every inch of blood, and doing the same on the other hand. I dried them off, and he huffed.

"Now that that's done, come here," he opened his arms, and I walked into them.

"I'm so sorry, J. I've been horrible to you and your friends, and you guys did nothing wrong. First with not telling you about Ward and Big John, then leaving you when you needed me most, and then coming back only to put you through all this anxiety after vanishing. You have no idea how sorry I am, and I understand if you want to give up on whatever relationship we still have left," I continued to talk on and on until he grabbed my hand, giving it a small squeeze.

"I would never leave you. Not after what we've been through together," he whispered and edged closer to me.

"Yeah, but that's the thing. We've been through so much together, yet I still left," I argued.