[1]

"Come on, Elle! You need to help!" Topper called from the dock where there was dozens of large fallen tree branches near the Malibu 24-MXZ from Hurricane Agatha. I shook my head and continued tanning under the bright sun's rays. I've been trying to get tan all summer to look "more Latina," but I've had no luck.

"Why don't we go to that Kegger the pouges are having? I need to get out of this damn house," I said back loudly, and Topper groaned.

"Come on, Elle! Get your lazy ass up and help me!" my brother said, and I snapped my head down from looking up through my sunglasses at the beautiful blue sky to glare at him.

"My lazy ass?" I asked bitterly.

"Yeah, you're lazy ass," Topper replied snarkily. I rolled her eyes and stood up, walking over to the deck, where I started helping Topper clean up the branches.

"After this can, we go to the keg-"

"No, or at least you can't," Topper said like it was an obvious question, and I gritted my teeth together.

"I'm going, "I spat.

"No, you aren't," Topper said with a small chuckle.

"Yes, I am! You can't control me!"

"You aren't coming, Eleanor! End of story!" He raised his voice, which I scoffed at and threw the branches I held at my brother, who stumbled to pick them up as I walked into the house. I charged up to my room and slammed the door, letting the noise ring through the large house. I flopped onto my queen-sized bed and huffed.

I shot up instantly and changed into a pair of ripped jean shorts and a baggy off-white t-shirt and I tucked part of the front into my bra, so it was cropped in an odd but cute sort of way. I pulled my curly black hair into a sloppy ponytail and walked out of my room down to the garage where my gold Bentley Continental GT was. I hopped into the car and drove down to the boneyard where there was already almost every pouge, kook, and touron there.

I don't really know why my parents gave me a car for my 16th birthday a couple weeks ago because I can only drive when someone is in the car; it's not a law thing, I'm legal to drive, it's just an overprotective thing.

I got out of the car and walked to the boneyard. Everyone stared at me and I went up to John B, who was handing out beers with his friend JJ. I always thought they were hot, but you know, Topper would flip if he found out I liked one of them, which I don't, just putting that out there. Okay, so maybe I think they are stupid hot, specifically JJ, but they're pouges. I could never.

John B turned around from handing a touron a beer to see me, JJ doing the same. "Eleanor?" John B laughed, and I raised my eyebrows, "what're doing here?" he said, not keeping his laughs contained enough for my liking. I lifted my sunglasses up to my head and sighed.

"I heard there was a kegger, so I came," I answered with an irritated expression. The boys continued to laugh until I scowled at them.

"Oh, you're serious," JJ choked, and I nodded, "what about Toppity over there?" He pointed behind me, and I turned around to see Topper here with Sarah Cameron, his girlfriend. I whipped back around and growled a "fuck you" under my breath, making them smirk and laugh again.

"Just give me a god-damn beer!" I barked, and John B handed me one. I shook my head at the two boys before walking over to Rafe, who was talking to Kelce. When Rafe saw me, he smiled widely and pounced at me.

"Finally! You stopped listening to that idiot and have some fun!" He yelled, and I could smell the alcohol on his tongue, make me giggle, and shove him away, making Kelce chuckle loudly.