Forgetting You

~Mai POV~
I lean against the arm of the chair, my body aching from exhaustion. A blanket covers my small body and I curl up into a ball. Monk looks at me from across the room, his eyes questioning but his mouth shut.

"Thank you for getting me today, I don't know what I'd do," I say. His home is what I imagined it to be, rock posters cover the walls, but so do bookshelves filled with books about being a Monk I guess.

He looks away and doesn't say anything, like he hasn't for the past hour and a half. I look at his eyes, brown and warm and I smile. When he speaks I hear the jealousy in his voice, "I'm sorry I couldn't get you away from Naru yesterday." He looks away from me, but I know he doesn't want to.

I look at him, I want to see his face, his smile. But, I don't want to do anything stupid, Naru will already be upset. "It isn't your fault, he didn't give you a choice."

He stands up and starts walking away, "he didn't give you one either, not like you care though, right Mai?" I close my eyes and reach out grasping his hand in mine. I don't wanna be alone, I'm terrified of myself.

Monk looks down at ours hands his eyebrows raised. He looks at me and I know he has questions he's not asking. But, then he says, "Why did Naru have a cut on his head?" I close my eyes, I'm dangerous and Monk doesn't need to know that. "What can you do Mai?

My fingertips prickle and I let a short spark shock him slightly and then focus on something else. The coffee table trembles and two of its feet leave the ground. Then the couch starts shaking as the table floats and in moments everything is suspended in midair. Monk stares at me with wide terrified eyes, but they settle quickly obscuring any fear.

"Mai, what happened to you?" He asks and smile at him standing up. He looks at me like I'm a monster, but the next thing I know he's holding me in his arms.

Tears streak my cheeks and I bury my face in his chest. His arms tighten around me, "I grew up Hōshō, I'm not a child anymore." His lips brush my forehead and I know he's crying too.

He lifts my chin with his fingertips, and I can see the tears he's trying to hold back. His voice is kind and loving when he says, "don't cry Mai, you'll make me cry." He wipes a tear away from my cheek and bounce instinctively up on my toes brushing my lips against his. "What about Nar-?" My lips brush his again and he stops fighting it.

He kisses me slow at first, and I can feel the memories of last night losing grip on my mind. His hands curl in my hair, and I place my hands on his chest. The furniture returns gently to the floor, and soon my feet leave the ground.

~Naru POV~
I burst into my apartment and all the lights are turned out. Everything is as I've left it, the sofa placed back on its feet the chair angled lopsidedly. Lin stands behind me, a quiet rage in his eyes.

I stalk into my bedroom where I'd had him leave Mai after she'd passed out. The lights are out and the bed has been made, but there's no Mai. I close my eyes, after all this time Monk stole her.

What am I supposed to do without her? I can't lose her again. I won't lose her again.