☀️8

"Where's Taeyong? He has a package." Taeil's quiet question was overpowered by Mark's complaints and Jungwoo's teasing, prompting him to repeat it at a louder volume.

"He's at the café with Jaehyun and Renjun." Jeno answered, looking up from his phone to greet the eldest. Taeil thanked him before disappearing into his room again.

"Dude, that's cheating!" Mark whined, tossing the controller onto the table. Jungwoo only laughed as he hugged the sullen boy, nuzzling his face into the fabric of Mark's shirt. "Don't talk to me."

"Maybe if you cheat you can actually beat me." He playfully teased. Mark softly shrugged his friend off as he got up to hold up his end of the bet. "Put ice in mine! Warm blood tastes funny."

Jeno spotted Johnny stacking boxes of groceries by the front door. The younger approached him and examined the boxes. "Where are you going?"

"Off to run an errand." Johnny grunted, placing another box down. He couldn't turn down Yuta's favor with how polite his friend was. "Help me with this and I'll give you ten. There's way too many things for me to finish loading the car."

Jeno immediately accepted as he began to take the boxes to Johnny's car. The shared home was never quiet much to Doyoung's dismay. All he wanted was a long nap before doing work yet the heavens say his friends should be as loud as they could.

Doyoung trudged down from his room to see the youngest scattered in the living room. Mark greeted him as he walked by with two glasses of blood. He wasn't expecting to see them here. "Aren't you three supposed to be in school?"

"Didn't feel like it." Donghyuck yawned, waking from his morning nap. He pulled his hood down to lock eyes with Doyoung. Donghyuck gave him a lazy grin before focusing on whatever was on the TV.

Mark's eyes widened as he checked the date on his phone. "Wait, I thought it was a holiday or something."

"If my teacher called to ask, I'm at the hospital for you." Jeno chimed in. Doyoung didn't even bother asking Jeno with the headache he was getting from them. He knew his lectures of skipping school would just enter one ear and go out the other. 

"You look out of it. Have you been feeding?" Jungwoo asked, offering Donghyuck a sip of his drink.

"Please, that glutton feeds every chance he gets." Doyoung quipped.

"Last time I fed was when Yuta caught me."

Donghyuck's answer caught them off-guard. He was the type to never really skip 'meals' no matter what. He needed the strength and energy to get through his day.

"You? Not feeding for 2 weeks? Hell called and they want their demon checked." Doyoung scoffed.

"If he doesn't feed, then that means he found someone to toy with. The longer he starves, the better it tastes." Jeno explained with a sigh, shaking his head in disapproval. "Then again, if he loses interest he'll pull back. He only gets involved with bad people."

"You're freaky." Johnny commented. The older man could feel the nag boiling in Doyoung with how he glared at Donghyuck. "And I'm leaving. Text me if you guys need anything from the store."

"You should relax. It makes life more enjoyable." Donghyuck suggested. He caught the pillow Doyoung tossed at him and tossed it onto Jungwoo's lap.

"Shut up, that's illegal. You get put to trial if they find out." Doyoung continued to scold.

"Don't act like an angel. Accident or not, all of us have killed someone here once. Well, minus Jeno." Donghyuck said. "Isn't it fair though? They say you should fear vampires, but humans kill more humans and vampires combined compared to us."