☀️2

Yuki hummed as she cleared out some tables. Rush hour had ended a while ago and she had to clean up the messy aftermath. Some people were nice enough to make her job easier and tidy their tables before leaving which she was thankful for.

"I can handle that. You should go home and get some rest since you're still a student." Taeyong insisted, approaching her. "The night shift is about to start anyway. You should prepare to go home."

"It's alright. I should make your shift a little easier for you too." Yuki assured as she continued to clean. She saw this as a way to repay 'Stitch' for his patronage over her living. Maybe if she worked hard enough, she could finally meet him personally. She wouldn't know what do, but she would want to give him a token of appreciation.

The bell at the entrance chimed, signaling that a customer walked in. The two of them stopped in their places and bowed as a greeting. "Welcome to Crimson Snow Cafe!"

"Chiyuki?"

Yuki flinched at the word.

"Do I know you?" She asked, putting the tray down. She knew exactly who he was, but she was more surprised at how he knew her full name. She went by her nickname and tried her best to hide her full name. She wasn't hiding from anyone, but she just hated it.

Her name brought too many hurtful memories.

"Oh um, I'm your classmate for Writing and Literature class. Huang Renjun." He answered awkwardly. His lips pursed into a straight line as he felt the embarrassment creeping on his back. "Of course you wouldn't recognize me. You never look around."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm probably lost in the thought of wanting to go home or my bed." She apologized with a chuckle. She offered a handshake. "I'd prefer you call me Yuki. I don't use my full name."

"Oh yeah sure. Sorry about that." Renjun shook her hand, pausing for a split second. He didn't want to say anything rude with how their introductions were. "Is it your first day here? I'm actually a regular here and it's the first time I'm seeing you here."

It was normal for vampires to engage in casual 'dining' at some cafes. Although they couldn't eat human food, they could drink alcohol, coffee, or tea without poisoning their system.

"Yeah um. It's my first official day here so..." Yuki trailed off.

"Enough with your awkwardness. Both of you go take a seat. Yuki, your shift is over." Taeyong ushered them to a table nearby. He turned to Renjun and smiled. "I'm guessing you'll have your usual, green tea bloodade?"

"Yes, and an order of whatever Yuki likes if it's not too much." Renjun added in a nonchalant manner.

Yuki pursed her lips as she tried to get back to work. "I still have a couple of-"

"You are going to sit down and talk with that boy." He persisted, taking her apron from her and disappearing behind the counter. Yuki awkwardly shifted in her seat as she looked down at her calloused hands.

"I'm sorry. You don't have to sit with me if you aren't comfortable. I only wanted to treat you a drink for your little take home treat." Renjun apologized again. Unlike what she thought of him, he was actually very shy. How did he get involved with Mark and Jeno?

"No, it's all good. I think it's a great opportunity to gain friends besides my three idiots. Plus, having an ally in class means that I don't have to pair up with some parasite in class." Yuki assured.

"Yeah..."

And then there was silence, neither of the two not knowing where to start. Taeyong was taking his sweet time brewing, making the girl wonder if he had to go to the nearest river to get the water for their drinks or milk the nearest cow for milk.