☀️11

These kids are insane.

Sungho could feel himself slow down and his already blurry vision worsening. Whatever was in that spray wasn't normal pepper spray. He had lost grip of his gun due to the knife lodged in his hand.

Donghyuck could feel the blood rushing through him as he ran after Sungho. Yuki really is the most interesting person he met. She took away the boring moments he hated so much.

"Duck!"

"Am I supposed to quack?" Donghyuck complied with her command with a laugh. Two more knives flew over Donghyuck's head and lodged into Sungho's shoulder. "You suck at aiming. Get his ankle or something. Achilles ankle thing."

"Why don't I practice with your head as a target? And it's heel!" Yuki retaliated. She turned right into another path to take a shortcut to the end of the alley. She flinched as she bumped into a couple of trash cans and box, but continued to run.

Those were definitely going to bruise.

She could hear Sungho's panicked footsteps as she neared the next intersection of alleys. She picked up her pace, readying the tranquilizer she was provided by her employer.

Donghyuck grabbed a crate and threw it in Sungho's direction. The impact caused Sungho to stumble for a minute, creating an opening. Yuki used everything in her to tackle Sungho down. Donghyuck joined her a few seconds later, holding Sungho down as his struggles grew weaker.

"Did you really need my help back then?" Donghyuck wondered. He removed the three knives from Sungho's person, wiping the blue blood on the man's clothes. "Do you have like alcohol or something? Wet wipes?"

"No. You just butted in." Yuki admitted. She handcuffed Sungho's unconscious body before injecting something into his arm. "It was a sudden thing and I had someone to protect. I couldn't act reckless."

"What's that?"

"Silver is literally poison to you guys if your blood stream is exposed to it to this extent. This would slowly heal his wounds and neutralize it." Yuki answered. She discarded the syringe and checked Sungho's pulse. "Help me get him to the drop off since you're the good samaritan here. We'll do something about your egg problem after."

"Why is he covered in glitter?" The realization hit Donghyuck and the boy recalled the pepper spray.

"For funsies." Yuki shrugged. She wiped her hand on Donghyuck's pants without him noticing. "Wouldn't you be suspicious of a spicy smelling injured man that shines? It makes him easier to find."

The two worked together to get the unconscious man on his feet. He reeked of alcohol, something Yuki hated so much. It made her job easier. A dark van waited for them at the other side of the alley. A tall figure stood in front of the passenger door.

"Chiyuki." The young adult greeted. No one in the day time could guess he was involved in this business with how kind he looked. "Any injuries? Damages?"

"It's Yuki now, Sungchan. Nice to see you well, and I'm breathing just fine. You can set aside your medical fund for this month." Yuki greeted. "Blood trail for the clean up crew. I left the syringe somewhere."

Sungchan opened the passenger seat of the van and helped the two toss the guy in. "I'm sorry we had to call you in on this one. You and Jaemin can track them down easier. By the looks of it, you have a new partner."

"He's not a partner. He's just a-"

"A concerned citizen." Donghyuck cut off. Of course, he had to get on her nerves. "Can't have a criminal walking around freely."