𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

The unbecoming nature standing right here, in between the man I'm sleeping with and my 'ex', seems almost stagnant. Like pungent air in the middle of a hot summer. It was suffocating. Like my throat would close up on me at any moment.

"Everything will plan out... I have my associate just up ahead." Zemo mused, knocking me out of my thoughts.

The five of us follow after a little girl. Almost a carbon copy of myself when I was young. My father was a photo enthusiast before he started going to work day and night. I have many childhood photos, in that old vintage print I both enjoyed and despised.

A girl was in those pictures. A little girl that had blonde hair and not a care in the world, one that followed her dream of going to the Olympics.

She did. But it came with the cost of her mind.

A hand nudged me, "Lucy?"

Bucky.

"I'm fine. If that's what you're about to ask." I whispered in response, moving forward into a boiler room, then into an old warehouse. The atmosphere was more liberating than the world outside, yet I could feel an altercation approaching.

"Okay... Sorry..." Bucky whispered as Sam moved into the ceremonial room, where Donya's body laid in the center of a crowd of people- the Flagsmashers.

Bucky and I were stationed to keep Lamar and John in check while Sam tried to calm Karli down. My back hit the concrete wall, sliding down in and sitting on the floor. John glared at me from across the room, the shield shining in the shrouded sunlight.

I had compassion for Karli. I know better then anyone that sometimes young decisions can lead to dire consequences. I don't know what her story is, but I know she's passionate about her cause. Hopefully she can be steered towards the right path.

"I wouldn't compete with her. She's a god at staring contests." Bucky spoke to John, looking down at me.

John looked back at Bucky, raising a brow. "Who are you to talk?"

"Because I've fucked her before."

Both of our eyes went wide at those words, my head tilting up to look up at Bucky. "Really? And that was necessary?"

To be honest, I don't care that he said that. Anything to piss off John is a win in my book.

He smirked a tad, "Well, he wants to get in your pants. But I got to you first. You're mine."

John furrowed his brows and placed the heel of his hand on his forehead, "You two give me a headache. Can you both just shut the fuck up for five minutes?"

"I'd like to give you a concussion but... guess we can't always get what we want." I mused.

Not even a few moments passed before I had to listen to his voice again.

"Uh uh, no- This is a bad idea."

Bucky looked up from his spot, "It hasn't even been ten minutes, John."

"Don't do that! Don't patronize me!"

I sighed and got to my feet, wrapping my arms around Bucky's vibranium one in guard of the door. "He knows what he's doing. Now shut it."

"You're the one that should shut it! You know I can make your life a living hell!" He hissed, turning back to me. "I still own you, no matter how much you wanna run."

I shifted uncomfortably at his words. My weight shifted so my body was pressed up against Bucky's tense frame. His eyes were trained solely on John, a death glare glinting in his eyes.