𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

My steps were quick along the streets of Latvia. My hands were shoved in my pockets, the weight of my staff retracted and hidden under my shirt, and the guns in my thigh holsters keeping at bay. Sam was on the phone with Sarah, making me turn my head to watch him.

"They did what?! Listen, pack an overnight bag and take the boys." He hung up the phone.

Bucky furrowed his brows, "What happened?"

"Karli called Sarah. They threatened my nephews."

My shoulders tensed, raising and looking at Sam. "She did what?!" I grabbed the phone from Sam, a quiet apology spewed from my lips as I brought the phone to my ear.

"Sarah, honey? Hey... Yeah, it's me." I called into the phone, my voice softening as I walked in front of the two men.

Sarah was clearly exasperated and fearful on the other end, "Lucy? Oh, thank god..."

"Yeah, uh-huh. Go somewhere safe. Remember Tony's house? He'd be happy to have you. Only pay cash, lay low. And whatever you do, don't let Cass and AJ know." I whispered into the phone.

Sarah's breathing evened out over my words, "Okay... Okay... I'll make sure to let you all know. Thank you, Lucy." she responded.

"You're welcome. I love you and those boys to pieces, alright? Stay safe." I whispered before handing the phone back to Sam, who gave another farewell to his sister before hanging up the phone.

Bucky looked at me, clearly confused. "How would you know Sarah?"

I looked up at him, "A lot of things happened in those two years, Bucky. She took me in after I got out of prison." I whispered, "We don't talk much anymore... I wish she wasn't dragged into this."

His eyes widened, looking over at Sam for confirmation. Sam nodded, "That's the truth. I visited once in a while to check on them. She's got a thing for kids."

"I'm not having children." I reconfirmed, looking back at them both.

Bucky sighed with relief, "Thank god..."

We all halted in our step, Sam pulling out his phone when he received another message. From an unknown number, the one that Sarah had given him. I read over the texts, my mind narrowing in on the 'Come alone' in the grey message.

"It says to come alone." He whispered, looking up at the two of us.

Bucky and I looked at each other before back at Sam. "We're coming with you." Bucky whispered in response, his thumb brushing the back of my hand gently.

...

My boots made rhythmic thuds against the ground as I followed Sam and Bucky into the clearing. Karli was atop a balcony, leaning on her elbows.

Karli eyed the three of us as we made our way up the stairs, Sam yelling angrily, "So now you're threatening my sister? Is that how we're going to play this?"

Karli looked over, "I'd never hurt her. I wanted you to understand better."

Bucky and I lurked behind the concrete pillars not far from Sam's side, staring at Karli in case she made any fast moves.

"I see you, uh... didn't come alone." She spoke, stepping off the railing.

"You have to end this now," Sam whispered.

"What happened to us being allies? You were going to teach us all about being Super Soldiers." Karli called to me, to which I grimaced.

I winced and looked down, Bucky and Sam both looking back at me. I tilted my head back up, staring down at Karli again and shaking my head.