new dress // winston sister imagine

sorry, I meant to post this yesterday enjoy!

I walked into the store and head straight to the clothing racks. I was sick and tired of always getting old hand me downs and decided it was time for some shopping.

I head over to the two aisles and start browsing. There were lots of t-shirts, but only a few dresses. I'd never really been one to dress up, but I figured 'what the hell' and got two. One was a short, tight fitting, white dress, that I would wear under my leather jacket, while the other was a light red, knee-length dress covered in off-white polka dots.

I walk over to the cashier and give her a few bucks for both dresses. "would it be okay if I put one of em on?" The woman smiled, nodding her head. I quickly ran to the fitting rooms and put on the white one. Dallas would not approve. I twirl around a bit, looking in the mirror, and walk out of the fitting room. "thank you!" I yell, leaving the shop.

I wander around a little bit more, feeling like a million bucks. That is until I'm approached by a few greasers. "heya, doll, you lookin for a good time?" It wasn't like these boys were Socs or anything so I just flash them a smile, "no thanks" and I walk away. To my surprise, this happened more than once. I was constantly getting either whistled or shouted at. I was just lucky I didn't have to pull my switch on anyone.

I finally turn the corner and make my way to the diner, I was supposed to be meeting the gang there. I cross the street and jog up to the front doors.

I instantly see them sitting in one of the corner booths. I walk over to them and take a seat next to Sodapop. It was a little cramped, since he wouldn't move, so I was basically in his lap at this point, but I didn't mind. I've always been close with Soda, given we were close in age and have known each other forever.

I was waiting for someone to say something, but everyone was just sort of staring. "what?" I ask. I look at Dallas, who was sitting across from me, and he just looked at me like he'd seen a ghost. Then he grabbed my arm and pulled me across the diner, sitting me down at a smaller table.

"what are you wearing??" I look at him and back down to my dress. "a dress. I bought it at the shop today" he looked at me, no longer confused, but upset. "you can't go walking around in this! you're 15! not 18!" I get up and am quickly pushed back down by him. "no, you're not going anywhere but with me, to Buck's. we can get you one of my t-shirts there." I groan, "Dally, cmon, it's not a big deal, can we please just get some lunch?" He laughed and proceeded to zip up my leather jacket. "no, Y/N, you can't go around lookin like that, cmon" he grabbed my hand and pulled me out the doors.

I guess he hadn't noticed the dark, cloudy sky, because he wasn't ready for the thunderstorm that hit him. "Jesus Christ, get back inside!" We hadn't gone too far, so we rushed back towards the diner. It was now pouring and both of us were running to get indoors. As soon as we got inside I started laughing. "Dal, you- you're hair" I pointed at him, laughing my ass off. He instantly started combing it back, walking over to the gang.

I wasn't laughing as hard now, so I followed right behind him. I sat next to Ponyboy this time, Dallas took the seat next to Soda and glared at me. I decided to take off my jacket, it was all wet and I needed to get dry, and warm, as soon as possible. As I set my jacket down next to me and started running my fingers through my hair, I heard a few muffled laughs. I looked up to see Steve and Two-Bit laughing like madmen. "what's so funny?" I asked, but they just kept laughing. I looked around the table and spotted everyone staring at me, besides Darry, who was just as lost as me.

Then I noticed they were all looking at my chest. "oh shit" I mumbled, realizing that I was wearing a white dress, that was totally soaked. And I wasn't wearing a bra. Dallas must've noticed too, because now he was staring at all the guys too. "Damn you guys! She's 15! Cut it out!" I grabbed my jacket and threw it on as quickly as possible.

Dallas stood up and grabbed my hand, "it's just rain, let's go" I rolled my eyes at how protective Dal could be sometimes, but accepted that I wasn't getting out of this one. "see y'all tomorrow!" I yell at the gang, in which everyone waved back at me. Dal pretty much dragged me out of there, so we weren't very far from Buck's. The rain had died down a bit, so we just kept walking.

Once we got there, Dal rushed me upstairs and threw one of his shirts at me. "throw that on, it's dry and appropriate" I just smile and close the door to change. Then I hear him mumble "Jesus, y/n, you're gonna be the death of me"

"love you too, Dallas"

—————————-
a/n
let's just pretend that there are big thunderstorms in Oklahoma 🤠 hope you liked this!
Stay Gold!