oh, waitress! // Dallas Imagine

I finish tying my apron around my waist and smooth out the front. I sigh as I take one last look in the mirror before turning the corner and taking my place at the front of the diner. 6:58, we would open in 2 minutes. There were  several cars pulling into the parking lot, very few spaces being left open. "okay! Everyone remember, the customer is always right! Don't forget to smile!" And with that, our manager unlocked the front doors as people piled in, eager for breakfast and coffee. Today was going to be a long day.

-time skip-

5:49pm

"Y/N.. Y/N!" I look up from the register and turn to see my co-worker, Jane, calling me over. "what?" I ask, now standing next to her. "the boys are here!" She points to one of the center tables. I smile as I see Ponyboy laughing, probably at something Two-bit said. "I already got them drinks," she gave me a mischievous look, "I'll let you wait their table if I can have your tips..!" She gives me a pleading look and I grab my notepad and pen, "deal."

I put on a smile and walk to their table, "you guys ready to order?" I stand between Johnny and Dallas, who was looking me up and down. "are you on the menu?" I laugh at Dally's comment. "I'll have a burger with fries!" Two-bit sets his menu down, "me too" I scribble down the order, "burgers all around?" I ask. Everyone looks to one another and nods. "alright, Pony, you mind handing me the menus?" I reach my hand out as he stacks them up and gives them to me. Our hands briefly touched during the process, "thanks!" I say, walking off and to the kitchen. 

"I saw that," I slide the ticket to the line cook, who would soon begin their meal. "saw what?" She puts her hands on her hips, "the way you seduced Dallas like that! I saw you guys checking eachother out!" I laugh, "don't you have a table to tend to?" She stops and checks her watch, "crap! Gotta go, table 6 has been waiting on a soda for 10 minutes!" I watch her frantically rush to the dining room. "order up for table 8!" I smile and thank the cook, balancing the plates on my tray and making my way out of the kitchen.

"there she is!" Sodapop sits up in his seat, eyeing the food. I start passing out plates one by one. "mhmm, it smells great" Johnny grins. "it tastes even better!" Soda says with a mouthful of food. "let me know if you need anything" I say, heading back to the kitchen to push out more orders. As I was about to drop off another ticket to the cook, I hear someone from behind me. "oh, waitress!" I turn around and see Dallas waving his hand in the air. I let out a faint laugh and  walk back towards them. I stand behind Soda and smile, "whaddya need?"  "I, uh, need some ketchup" I reach across the aisle to grab a ketchup bottle from another table, "here" I say, "everyone else okay?" Two-bit answers with a thumbs-up and I leave to help the other customers.

Once I was done taking the orders from two other tables, I decide to check back in with the gang. "you guys done?" I look around the table, everyone's plate was empty. "yep, can we get the check?" I pat Darry's shoulder and wink, "don't worry about it" I say, collecting everyone else's plates. "see you at the house?" I nod my head. Sodapop flashes his signature smile as I cleared the table and took the dishes to the back where Jane was washing them. 

"thanks" I say, turning to walk away. "ahem." she gave me a demanding look. "wha-" I soon realized what she meant. "aw, man.." I reach into my front pocket and hand her my tips from the day. "thank you very much!" I shrugged and took off my apron as she continued to scrub dishes. 

I left the kitchen and finished up my shift cleaning up the dining room. I was washing one of the larger tables, bending over it to reach the center, when I feel someone behind me. "oh, waitress" His hands grip my waist and I straighten up. He turns me around and I face him, wrapping my hands around his neck. "what're you still doing here?" He shrugs and licks his lips, "I need somethin" he smirks. Before I could respond, his lips were on mine and he lifted me up onto the table. I run my fingers through his hair and lightly tug, earning a soft moan from him. We were interrupted by the sound of Jane's voice. "cmon, I don't wanna see that!" I shove Dallas away from me and hop off the table. "wh- who? wha- me and Dallas? huh?" I feel my face get hot and I rub the back of my neck, "sorry..". She laughs and shakes her head, "see ya tomorrow, Y/N/N". 

I look to Dallas who had a smug look on his face. I roll my eyes and he grabs my hand, leading us out of the diner. We approach his car and he leans me against the driver side door, moving a piece of hair out of my face, 

"where were we?"

-------------
a/n
hope you liked this, requests are open!
Stay Gold!