i'm okay // gang imagine

Warnings: swearing, mentions of rape

I sat in my seat with my head in my hands. I was thankful I was home alone, otherwise the gang wouldn't leave me alone until I told them what was bothering me. My brother, Pony, was studying at the school library while the rest of the gang was either working or busy with their own stuff. Like Dallas, who had explained to me yesterday about how he was going to pick up some girl from the drive-in. I can't remember her name, all I know is she's a Soc and hates Dal's guts; like most girls he's tried to flirt with.

I sit there, flustered and unsure of what to do. I knew what was wrong, but wouldn't dare do anything about it. How was I going to tell anyone? Would I tell the gang? What if they don't believe me? As I created multiple scenarios in my head of the many possible outcomes, I decide to pull myself out of Darry's chair and head upstairs, desperate for some much needed sleep.

-time skip-

I lean over and glance at the clock, shocked to see that I had been asleep for over an hour. I rest my head back on my pillow and take in the silence of the room, only to be disturbed by the loudness of the guys roughhousing downstairs, followed by Darry yelling, "knock it off!".  After a few minutes of going back and forth on whether or not I'd be able to go down there and face my brothers and friends, I got up and left my room to see what was going on.

"well there she is, if it isn't sleeping beauty" Steve grins. "more like sleeping bedhead" The guys burst out into fits of laughter. I wasn't in the mood. Usually I'd respond with some cocky comeback, but I had nothing. "shut up, Dallas" I said a bit too aggressive. I hear the room go quiet behind me as I walk into the kitchen and check the fridge. I could feel Darry right on my tail. "you okay y/n/n?" I shut the fridge door and sit down at the table with a glass of orange juice, "fine, great, fantastic. I'm doing absolutely wonderful." Darry crosses his arms while giving me a stern look.

"you sure, kid? you seemed a little.."
"what darry? a little what?" I realized that I had raised my voice, and this was Darry I was talking to, "sorry.. rough day at school", I lied. "alright kiddo, just let me know if you need anything" He gives me a sincere smile and walks back into the living room.

I didn't really have much to do, it was a Friday night and I was sitting on the couch watching Mickey Mouse with all the gang but Darry, who was stressing over bills at the dinner table. I sigh and play with the ends of my hair. I wasn't really paying attention to the T.V, for I was too busy worrying about the events that occurred earlier. The moment kept replaying in my head over and over again.

"hey greaser, where you headed?"
"screw off" I continued making my way back home.
"cmon, baby, just go to the movies with me tonight"
I kept walking, maybe I could make a run for it near the upcoming alley.
He walked faster, now almost jogging towards me.
"I said no, leave me alo-"
Before I knew it, I was under his grasp and pinned against the wall.
"don't be like that, let's have some fun"
I wanted to scream, but couldn't. A hand over my mouth and another unbuttoning my shorts, his body pressed up against mine as he forced himself upon me, I—

I was snapped back to reality by Sodapop tapping my on the shoulder, "you okay?". He must've taken attention to the fact that I had been wringing my hands immensely just from thinking about it. "yeah, I'm good" I mutter. He nods his head and turns back to the T.V before Steve and him began talking about cars and girls, all they ever really talked about.

I was jealous of the fact that I didn't have that. Steve and Soda have got each other through thick and thin, and I've got nothing. Ponyboy and I are close, but not as close as he is with Johnny. Darry was basically a middle aged man who doesn't have time to deal with his kid sister, and of course there's always Two-bit, but him and Dally would goof around together when they had nothing better to do. Then it comes down to school friends, people I've known since elementary and middle school. As if a lightbulb had switched on in my mind, I quickly thought back to this morning before first period.

"Y/N!"
I looked behind me to see one of my close friends rushing towards me.
"Ellie? What are you doing?"
She shrugged and threw an arm around me, "I saw your brother Sodapop yesterday after school, boy, he's a cutie!" I laugh at her words, "yeah, yeah, don't bother telling him, he already knows it." We laugh and continue to walk through the halls, soon reaching our class. "alright, well if you ever need anything, don't be shy to stop by!" She embraces me in a long hug and starts off into her classroom as I do the same.

I wanted to go see her, but I knew I couldn't, not after what happened. I should've just asked Pony to walk me home, how could I have been so careless? My thoughts are interrupted by Darry shouting about dinner. "spaghetti!" Steve yelled. "spaghetti sounds good." Soda chimed in. "Y/N?" Darry asked. I only nod my head, food being the last thing on my mind. While the gang discussed dinner and whatever else boys talk about, I snuck off and headed to my room, feeling slightly uneasy.

All I could think about was him while sobbing into my pillow. It wasn't crying at this point, it was the painful, tiring, sobs escaping my lips every few seconds. I knew I wasn't okay, and I was scared to let it show. After a few minutes I finally calmed myself down and just laid there for a while, thinking.

He dropped me to the ground and zipped up his pants. "anyone finds out about this and this won't be the last time you see me" And that was it. He walked away, as if nothing happened.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the front door slamming downstairs. "Y/N!! Get down here!" Oh no. I got up in a panic and walked over to the mirror, running a hand through my messy hair. I looked brutal, no makeup, puffy eyes, and of course, bed head. I wiped my face with my sleeve and hurriedly rushed downstairs.

"hey Dar, what's goin on?" All eyes were on me as I displayed my best fake smile. I guess Darry wasn't mad after all, he ended up asking if we all wanted to go to the diner for some food. "someone overcooked the noodles.." Darry eyed Soda. "i didn't mean to!!" I was just glad to get out of the house and get some food, so I didn't hesitate to pile into Darry's truck with the gang.

We walked into the diner and I was relieved to see that no Socs were in sight. I ordered a burger, fries, and a Pepsi, just like everyone else. "you sure you're gonna eat all that?" I glared at Sodapop; if looks could kill, I'd be sure he was dead. Steve gave him a good smack to the back of the head for me.

We talked for what felt like hours. Being out with the gang must've helped distract me from myself. Finally, our food came and we all dug in without any hesitation. I was having the time of my life. I was happy. That was until Bob, Randy, and a couple other Socs walked in.

Oh.

I set my burger down and tried to stay low, slumping down into my seat. "what are they doin here?" Ponyboy asked. I looked back to where I previously saw the boys in their madras, when I made eye contact with him. I immediately drop my gaze to the floor and prayed he wouldn't cause any trouble. "I don't know, but I ain't havin it" Darry quickly got up and walked over to them.

"boys, we don't want no trouble, it's in your best interests to get in your fancy Mustangs and leave" he pointed to the doors they had just entered through. He looked past Darry and scanned the side of the room, stopping when his eyes landed on me. "we don't want trouble either,  just looking for something in particular.." his eyes wandered my body once more.

Oh shit.

——————-
a/n
part 2?
hope you liked this, requests are open!