Saturday morning // the gang

maybe a Curly imagine?? 😳

"Y/N!!" I shoot up from my bed and look around. I open my bedroom door and run down the stairs. "what's goin on? is everything alright?" I see all three of my brothers sitting on the couch. "oh good, you're awake" I glare at Soda and he looks down at his lap. "what are y'all doin waking me up early on a Saturday?" Darry gives me a stern look and I sit down. "since it's Saturday and we've all had a busy week, I figured we could all use a break and get some breakfast at the Dingo..?" My face lights up as I rush to my room. "let me get dressed!! I'll be right out!"

I knew it was going to be hot out today, so I grab a low-cut white tank top and throw it on, followed by my favorite pair of jean shorts. I lace up my white converse and get up to run a brush through my hair. I take one last look in the mirror before making my way downstairs.

Once I entered the living room I saw that the whole gang was there. "y'all ready?" I ask. They nod and cheer as we all head out the door. I follow behind everyone, but am stopped by Darry. "Y/N, that shirt is a little... revealing" I couldn't believe it, "well whaddya expect? it's a thousand degrees outside!" He crosses his arms and rubs his temples, "alright, alright, just don't get too close to Two-Bit or Dallas" I smile and walk out the door.

We all piled into the truck and I was crammed in the back between Steve and Soda. "why does Pony get to sit up front? I called shotgun!" Two-bit whined. Darry ignored him as I leaned my head on Soda's shoulder. "I'm hot" "hi, hot, I'm Soda" I stare at him for a few seconds, and before I can comeback with something sarcastic, Darry pulls into the parking lot and stops the car. "we're here!".

I wait for Steve to get out of the way before I hop out. He offers me his hand and I gladly take it, "why, thank you very much" He smirks and gives me a slight nod. "I'll race ya to the front doors, Pony!" "you're on!" I ran as fast as I could, I was no track star, but I had a small chance that maybe he'd trip over his shoelace or something. Pony sprints right past me and to the glass doors. "haha! Beat ya!" I roll my eyes, catching up to him soon after, "yeah, yeah, whatever" I push past him and take a seat in our usual booth.

While Pony and I waited for the rest of the gang to catch up, I chugged a glass of cold water the waitress had given me. "gee, what took y'all so long?" Pony smiled at the gang walking in. I scooted next to Pony so everyone could fit in the booth. "mind if I sit here, doll?" I look down and nod my head, fiddling with my fingers. I was only two years younger than Dallas and would never date him, but he sure knew how to make me blush.

"pancakes all around!" Sodapop cheered. We all join in and I clap my hands. "keep it down, will ya?" We all turn to look at the two greasers at the table on the other side of the diner. I wasn't sure who they were, but they didn't look too nice. "damn Shepards.." Dallas mumbles. Then I recognized one of them, the one hunched over in his chair with the thick, black hair. "Curly?" The boy turns around and smirks,
"Y/N!"

I stand up and shove past Pony to go talk to him. "what're you doin here?" I ask. "same as you, Tim had an 'urgent craving' for eggs and bacon" I laugh, "well we're just gettin some food too.." I look back at the gang before whispering in his ear, "we still on for tonight?" He smiles and whispers back, "for sure". I was about to pull away when he put a hand on my shoulder, "you look very pretty, by the way". I blush and pull him into a quick hug. "see ya, Curly!" I walk back over to the gang, who all had a shocked expression on their faces.

"what?" I ask. Johnny sat there, wide-eyed, "why are you talking with that Shepard kid?". "more like why are you sleeping with that Shepard kid?" Dallas interjected. My face goes red as I take my seat next to Ponyboy. "we're just friends" Dallas chuckles, "sure, whatever you say, doll" Unlike Dal, everyone else didn't seem to find it funny, especially my brothers. "y/n, you're not actually with that Shepard kid are you?" Pony asked. I cross my arms, "that 'Shepard kid' has a name, and no.. not necessarily.." I mumbled the last part. Curly and I were only friends, I mean he already had a girlfriend, but I still wasn't sure.

"not necessarily? whaddya mean 'not necessarily'?" I groan and was about to speak before the waitress arrived with our breakfast. "thank you!" I say for all of us. "look, as far as I know, we're just friends, and I plan on keeping it that way," I say while cutting my pancakes. "promise there ain't anything goin on between you two?" Darry sips from his coffee mug. "I promise, now, can we please enjoy our pancakes without talking about this?" He nods and I continue working on my pancakes.

"these aren't as fun as my green scrambled eggs.." Soda mutters. "you're right, these taste much better" Steve smiles with a mouthful of food and we all laugh, enjoying a good old Saturday morning together.

———————-
a/n
this isn't the best, but I can just totally imagine Soda telling a dad joke to lighten the mood- 😌✋
Stay Gold!