1| Liquorice Tea (Liquor in Tea)

Notch strolled inside the Sky Temple, hands behind his back and a mischievous smile on his face. He stopped in front of the windows, and watched as every Aether mob scurried busily, rushed around trying to complete various tasks. He could see a village from there, the high towers reflecting the rays of the suns and the citizens lazing around in front of their houses.

This realm has always been his favourite, he made it especially for that reason. Exuding peacefulness and tranquility, the Aether housed the good souls and offered them a rest before a decision. A major and crucial decision: would they get resurrected into a new body, a new being, or stay forever in the Aether as an official inhabitant ?

"What are you looking at so intently ? You maped this realm, and yet you look at it as if it's the first time," inquired a melodious voice behind him, "The Cherubs are especially hard-working today, and insanely cute as well ! Look at them buzzing around like little bees."

He turned around and finally faced Lady Eden. Lady Eden, Y/N, his favourite creation and most successful one. Oh, how he adored and treasured her ! How he wished everyday he could lock her in her floating garden and protect her from those filthy humans (who were only here to provide him with distraction).

Notch took a deep breath and smiled. "Well, I was passing through. And I just arrived from the Nether -a dreadful place really, so gloomy and unwelcoming- where some blue forests started to sprout from nowhere. I needed someone to cheer me up, you know how obnoxious Ur-Ghast gets, and I decided it had to be you —"

"Aren't your humans enough for you ?", interrupted Lady Eden

"Well, if you had enough patience you would have waited till I finished. Let us sit, I brought some liquorice tea from the Overworld and I just know you'll adore it !"

As they sat down, Notch got a good look at her. Each ruler had to represent their realm, to embody the core of their realm really. Herobrine was mysterious and subtle, Reine was strong-headed and strong-willed and Ur-Ghast...well a sentient ghast with a vile personality is a fairly good allegory for the Nether. Following that logic, Lady Eden would be wise and generous, and she was. However, she kept traits from her old human self, before she lost her three lives, mainly her spontaneity and dizziness.

He sighed, once again. "A new land was taken by some people," he started to explain, taking a sip of tea between each sentence, " 'Survival World' they call it, but they're planning on renaming it soon."

"We haven't had many lost souls lately, it's probably because of that. I should ask a Cherub to take notes on that. New governments mean wars and conflicts...", she starts to mumble to herself, already planning everything in her head.

"Well yes, but tis is not my principal worry. Wars mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. What bothers me is that one of them keeps following me around."

Lady Eden looks up, startled. "What ?"

"Yes, (Y/N). He keeps astral-projecting next to me. Following me around and asking questions when his physical body is resting. I first thought it was some bad-thought prank from XD, till the boy called me down to the Overworld. His name is George", he admitted while rubbing his forehead, "even worse, he's colourblind. You know what that means ?"

"Colourblind... he's a medium."

"And a strong-one at that. Color Blindness is the 'curse' of mediums. But what I'm scared of is him astral-projecting in The Aether. We can't let them know about you. Humans are greedy creatures, and they'll abuse your powers and generosity. Even worse, they might bring XD to you and if that ever happens... we're doomed."

Lady Eden smoothed out her white dress, wringing her hands anxiously. The silence was loud, and despite the positive atmosphere outside of the castle, both deities couldn't feel a spark of happiness at the instant. She was made to protect, not to defend herself nor to fight. She is powerless in front of the Overworld citizens, regardless of her magical capacities.

She whispered resignedly, "Whatever can happen will happen, Notch. I'll advise every Aether inhabitant to prepare themselves and perhaps I'll suggest more trials per day ? Apart from that boy, what do the others look like ? What are they doing down there exactly ?"

"There are eight of them: Dream, Sapnap, Sam, Alyssa, Callahan, Ponk and Bad. They built a community house, and some semblance of a city. But nothing is sure, as they keep fighting over insignificant things. And one thing is clear: they're in a big quest for power, especially that Dream character. He's eerily similar to XD, too much."

Notch stood up, snapping his fingers to make the tea set disappear. Once again, he took a good look at Lady Eden, realising that he might have to distance himself from the Aether for a while. The Valkyries might protect the Aether from agressive mobs, but he knew that no one could stop a human in search for power. It was already nighttime, and the sun hid itself behind the moon. The moon, which looked particularly gloomy today, what a bad omen...

"This is goodbye for now, Eden. I'll do everything in my power to stop George from coming across you. But you have to promise me, don't try to rebuild the Aether portal, and don't answer any direct letter sent to you."

"Notch, the only immortals who know of my existence are Philza and Technoblade. And they're both the last people I'll try to contact. Don't worry, everything will go smoothly, and that George won't hurt me !"

Suddenly, a voice came from the grand doors.

"Why would I hurt anyone ?"