8 | The world ends with you

In a pillowfort, inside the Camarvan, two boys were giggling to themselves. Laughing about various events and pranks done during the last year to the citizens of the Dream SMP.

"You remember the Socializing Club ?", they burst out laughing again.

The two siblings could hear their brother opening the door, but they didn't bother standing up. Wilbur has been busy these past few weeks, trying to take care of their newly opened potion -drugs- business. Potions were relatively easy to make, however the ingredients were quite hard to find.

But nothing was impossible, for Wilbur inherited something from his father. He may not be able to fly, but he could sing. And like a mermaid's song, Wilbur's bewitching chirps could lead you to your demise. He managed to convince various traders and merchants to strike a one-way deal with him: they gave him the ingredients, and in return, he offered them a smile (and a wink for the pretty ones).

Their little business was flourishing, and helped them finance the Dream SMP monthly tax, which was quite expensive.

All in all, they were a happy family !

If only that were the case

Perhaps in another lifetime, when Philza wasn't busy roaming the skies searching for something lost, for 'retribution'. When Wilbur wasn't obsessed with the idea of freedom and liberty. When they were all living together, hunting for food and singing in front of a campfire.

When they weren't living under tyranny, to protect themselves from outside dangers that were even worse than Dream's accusatory glare and George's obnoxious stare.

Now it was only Tommy and Toby, Tubbo and Tommy. Only the two of them, against the world. And they promised to always stay together ! Nothing will ever tear them apart.

"Tubbo, you remember when Dream asked us to reveal a secret of ours ? What did you tell him ?"

"That my father killed my mother before abandoning me ! It's not really a secret", Tubbo shrugged, "But it's the first that came to my mind. To be fair, I don't have many secrets. What did you tell him ?"

"About my disks and how they were found in my inventory. He quickly understood that they held some kind of power... However, I didn't tell him about the journal that is hidden in my inventory."

"The journal we stole from Philza ?"

"Yeah, that one. (Y/N)'s Diary."

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

"It's hard to be a side character."

"But it's better than being dead", Herobrine retorted, "And dead is what you're going to be if you don't listen to me."

"Why would I listen to you ? Why would I listen to the parent who left my mother and I alone ? You left us to suffer, to endure this world's inequality all by ourselves. I owe you nothing, and neither would my mother if she remembered us !"

"Do not accuse me of that. It was either her memories, or your lives–"

Herobrine was immediately interrupted, "If you loved her, you would have done something !"

"The will and orders of Notch are inevitable ! He separated Reine from her husband and infant son, she's not even allowed to actively search for him. I couldn't sacrifice you. That's what your mother would have wanted."

His interlocutor chuckled despondently, slowly dragging their hands down their face, "She's not my mother anymore. After forgetting us, she built a new family and died in the arms of her new husband and her new children. I didn't even get to say goodbye..."