(Y/N)'s Diary | Year 1 | You taught me how to live

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ENTRY 1 ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

Hi.

Phil said to always say hello first.

So hello. Phil gave you to me, he said that you were my new friend.

You're my second friend, after Phil. Phil is my first friend. He taught me how to read and write. It's very difficult.

In the village I couldn't read, write or play. Now I can eat three meals a day, and I can play everyday.

But I don't know any games.

Goodbye.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ENTRY 31 ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

Newly learnt words : Ocean, water, squid, travels

Hello again.

We've been travelling for one month, Phil says his house is near. I also asked him where the ink sachets came from, and apparently they come from the ocean. A creature called "squid" produces them when scared, or when dead.

I never saw the sea or the ocean. Phil said it was a vast expanse of water.

I was only allowed a cup of water per day at the village, is there really that much water in the world ?

I want to go to the sea.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ENTRY 61 ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

Newly learnt words : Hate, ugly, scrawny, wool

Good evening.

I'm on a bed, I never had a bed before. According to Phil, it's made of wool and wood, and it's the second most comfortable thing I've ever been on. the first thing being Phil. Phil is my precious person.

But Phil is also someone else's precious person. His name is Technoblade, and he's got pig ears. He was waiting for Phil at his house, and he called me ugly. "Why did you bring such a scrawny thing ? Is that a girl ? I hate girls, they're disgusting". I knew what disgusting meant, that's what they called me back at the village.

I didn't like being called disgusting.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ENTRY 101 ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

Newly learnt words : Name, identity, free, appropriate, hope

Good afternoon.

(Y/N) is what they decided to call me. Apparently, girl wasn't 'appropriate'. Technoblade said that I might be dumb, but that everyone deserved a name. That we all have unique indetit- identities ? And when I asked them to choose a name for me, they said that I was free to choose anything I liked.

Phil said that (Y/N) was another word for hope which meant that from now one, I would always be hopeful.

I didn't know what it meant, but it sounded better than girl.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ENTRY 141 ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

Newly learnt words : Cute, hug, F*ck, b*tch, shut up

Good evening, Diary. It's (Y/N) again.

Phil made a garden around the house when I told him that I've never seen flowers. In the village, I was confined to a one-room hut and I was never allowed outside. Phil taught me how to garden. We now have daisies and violets, and Phil even said I was as cute as them. He told me that flowers have meanings, and that he'll bring me a book about it next time he visits a library.

When I wanted to show our garden to Techno, he pushed me on the floor. It's fine, I'm used to being pushed. He was thrashing around and throwing stuff everywhere, but Phil didn't get angry. He hugged him and shushed him. They never hugged me back at the village. And when I tried to join, Techno said that i was "a f*cking b*tch" that my voice was "f*cking annoying" and that I should die and "shut the f*ck up".

I agreed with him, I should die.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ENTRY 206 ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

Newly learnt words : I'm sorry

Greetings.

Phil left us by ourselves, Techno and I, because he had to go to the village. We needed resources to live, and he spent too much time taking care of me, and we were now low on those resources. Techno is young, but he knows so much. He doesn't want me to help around the house, "Your dirty, slimy hands will only mess up everything". So I spent the first days in the garden, and I slept in the garden and I only ate apples. I was a bit hungry, and a bit cold but I was used to it in the village. I miss Phil though.

When Techno found me today, he kept screaming. He carried me to the bathroom and even washed him. "Won't your hands get dirty ? Since I'm disgusting", I asked him.

"Who told you that ?"

"You did."

He never called me anything mean again. Just annoying, and small.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ENTRY 284 ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

Newly learnt words : humongous, resilient, wild, home, together

Good morning,

They called this world the "Overworld" and it was humongous. But it wasn't the only world. Techno said he came from the Nether, from a... Piggilin ? Pigilen ? Piglin ? From a tribe. He didn't want to say anything else.

I also learnt that I am 10 years old, and Techno is 14. Phil didn't want to tell us his age, so Techno called him old. Phil's new name is now Grandpa.

We added new flowers to the garden, peonies and poppies. A berry bush sprouted, and Phil said that they were resilient but wild plants.

Apparently, something is wild when it doesn't have a home. "Am I wild ?"

"No", said Phil, "We are your home. We'll always be with you, together."

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ENTRY 365 ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

Newly learnt words : smile, acceptable

Good evening !

Phil said it was the end of the year, and that we had to celebrate. Techno cooked a pumpkin pie, and he stole a pumpkin from my garden. I can contribute to our house now !

They both gave me a bird, a white dove, I named it Wilbur. Or Wilby.

Wilbur has been flying everywhere, since it's a free bird, but it always came back to me. Doves are very loyal.

Tonight was amazing, and Techno even said that my smile was acceptable. No one ever said I was acceptable, and I've never smiled before.

When Phil asked me if I was happy, I answered yes. I think it was a lie.

I don't know what happiness means.