10 | Bleeding souls, staining the carpet

XD wandered through the endless halls, nonchalantly looking around. His height, combined with his floating head, aided in him attaining the window. From there, he gazed at the exterior of the Castle, a vast expanse of nothingness. He continued his stroll, now letting his hand glide against the grey decaying walls of the palace. His other hand was carrying various books, shining in a purple hue.

He turned left, and entered a room. Many doors were placed, each more ominous than the other, covered in dead vines and rotting insects. But everything will soon be restored.

Once again, he walked through a long corridor, the high ceiling looming dangerously over his head. A bird was hanging from it, its wings slowly deteriorating.

No life could prosper in the In Between.

XD's quest for a specific room finally came to an end, as he placed every book he held in their distinctive place. Their guest will come soon, everything had to be in order.

This guest, like every other being of this universe, was only a pawn in XD's plan. His plan to rewrite the plot and better it, to make this world a powerful and respected place. Empty of virulent pests, where only the wisest and strongest could thrive.

After all, before the whole ordeal and his exile, XD was the ruler of the Overworld. The deity of Nature and mortals' matter. By extension, the God of Memories and Time. To create the rulers, Notch had to give a piece of himself, a slice of his powers. Reine was given Space and Emptiness, her powers completed XD's, an analogy of how The Overworld was the beginning and The End... was the end. Herobrine -strangely enough- could see death and seek it... and Lady Eden could deceive it. The rulers of the Nether had unnecessary violence, and could 'shoot fire'... extremely boring and uninteresting.

But the new Overworld's ruler, 'Philza', could only fly and control mobs. No time manipulation, memories alteration... nothing. It could only mean one thing: Notch was scared of another contestation from his rulers, and he didn't trust that 'Philza' thing.

XD emerged from the Castle's entrance, still deep in thought. Meanwhile, the whole palace was glitching, transforming itself. Any sign of death disappeared, any lingering darkness vanished. Everything was substituted, replaced by clean white walls and green lush grass. The floating In Between seemed welcoming. Finally ready to host their precious guest.

And as he slowly vanished, XD asked the void,

"I wonder, when my powers come back to me... who will kneel down first ?"

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

"Do you swear to abide by this Declaration, and to do anything in your power to defend it till your ultimate death ?"

"I swear on my honor.", repeated four voices in harmony.

"Do you swear to make freedom your priority, and to ensure the security of every citizen ?"

"I swear on my honour !"

"And finally, to pledge allegiance to our egregious nation of L'Manberg, sign this Declaration of Independence."

The five of them were gathered in the Camarvan -the place where everything started-. Who would have thought that a notion would emerge from a simple potion business ? That three siblings in a quest for stability and liberty, would find themselves challenging the government in charge ? They built their little faction in the Dream SMP, with no agreement from Dream himself.

And they couldn't give a major f*ck.

Fundy quickly joined them, whether he wanted to admit or not, he was in a constant quest for paternal validation and love. A lost child amidst the chaos that was The Overworld. Despite being constantly patronized by his father, he stayed and helped them build the first foundations of L'Manberg.