19 | I am not here (I do not sleep)

"You're lucky I trust your judgement, because this is getting ridiculous"

"I've always preferred subtlety over sheer unjustified violence."

"Dream, you might not hurt them physically, but you're scarring them emotionally. The art of violence is not limited to the visible marks left on the body of the enemy, on the contrary, the less visible they are the more striking they are", he says in an annoyed tone, "You think you are better because you resort less to homicide and brutality. But think again, Dream, for refusing to kill a child will not make your position as dictator any more legitimate. Let go of your principles, they will only slow you down. Look at me, I killed and I maimed. I destroyed families, and thinking about them makes me laugh, and there's even this family of three that I'm quite proud of separating... Put aside your humanity, and without even being one, you will feel like the most puissant of gods."

XD strolled around, his hands behind his back -and for a moment, he shivered, as he thought about this same position Notch held while striking him down during their final battle-. Dream was behind him, taking care of his dear weapons, his brows furrowed and eyes focused on his task. He was distracted, the worst thing to do in front of a -disgraced- god.

"Is that the grand Museum of Attachments you were talking about ? Your proudest achievement ? It seems puny to me."

"Everything is pathetic to you, XD", Dream mocked while cleaning his hands with a rag, "I have yet to collect everything, unfortunately. I can show you what I already have."

"Lead the way."

The structure of the museum was perhaps impressive, better still, the whole thing was made of Obsidian and Netherite blocks and the walls were covered with precious works of art -which Dream probably looted from various villages and ancient temples-. But the edifice was empty and excessively large, a real testament to the frigidity of its owner.

Everything was high, high enough for XD to regain his original height and tower over his companion, high enough for the echo of their footsteps to resonate ominously through the corridors. This museum was an impressive place, the result of precise and frantic work, but it was above all an unhealthy place. Cages were dotted around the rooms, and in front of each one were signs. Skeppy, familiar to BBH', 'Velvet, lover of Antfrost'... There was also an aquarium with 'Niki', the name of Puffy's fiancée, delicately engraved. Although these spaces were still empty, XD could already hear the cries of distress and pain that would come out of them - and he was glad of it.

"Dream," XD stopped in front of a huge entrance

"Yes?"

"Why is there a glass room with Lady Eden's name on it? Whose weakness is she?"

"The correct question is: whose strength is she? Her powers are too strong to be let loose," he nodded slowly, lost in thought.

XD asked incredulously -and slightly mockingly- "Do you think you're capable of detaining a goddess?"

"Perhaps not. But you're supposed to be", he stopped in front of a door, and opened it with a key that was hidden in his sleeve, "This is the most important room as of right now."

And it was the less impressive one too. Two chests laid on a wall, above them, on the same wall, hung a gigantic painting of two disks. And XD understood immediately: in these two chests were hidden Mellohi and Cat, Tommy's precious disks. Of course those two would be Tommy's attachments, he was a child and didn't understand the value of relationships. Of course his attachments would be material things that were only owned by him. Two disks that made him unique and special.

Of course.

"You took his disks in exchange for L'Manberg's freedom..."

"Lady Eden is not the only one allowed to make bargains. It seemed smart enough to me. Apparently these disks are powerful and lend their owners some interesting capacities, even though I have yet to find which ones", he pointed to something behind XD, "Look behind you."