CHAPTER 7: PROPOSE

The next morning, Nathan woke up early from everyone. He saw that Mitali was also sleeping on his bed with Kuldeep. When he moved out he saw that Arjun was sleeping on sofa so he guessed that Sneha and Gautami would be sleeping in their room. Nathan then went to kitchen to drink water. While drinking water, someone knocked the door. Nathan was confused that 'who came this early in the morning and even not using door bell'.

He went to the door and opened it. He saw that it was Rakshit. That time Nathan really wants to slam the door on his face, but he couldn't. He opened it more wide and asked "Why are you here?"

Rakshit beeped inside and saw the Arjun was sleeping so he asked "Can we talk outside?" Nathan agreed to him and come out of the house and closed the door slightly and slowly so that it would not wake up anyone.

Rakshit then asked "If you are okay, can we take a walk?" Nathan gave a look to Rakshit but then he agreed to him. They were walking around the streets. It was not sunrise yet but still they can see the some light from the sun. The cold wind was blowing and Nathan was not wearing anything to keep him warm. Rakshit thought to give him the jacket he was wearing but then he thought if Nathan will like it or not because he was mad at him. Nathan noticed Rakshit and asked "Just speak."

Rakshit said "I am sorry."

Nathan rolled his eyes and said "Can you speak something else?"

Rakshit think for a few minutes and then said "I... I was wrong. I thought that you want it to be in a special way so I thought that necklace would be good for it. I didn't thought that it will make things worse."

Nathan said "Do you ever think before doing anything?"

Rakshit said "Yes, I don't think before doing anything. I don't think if what I am doing is right or wrong. I don't think that it can offend someone really special for me. So... that's why I want your help." Nathan looked at him in a surprising way. Rakshit continued "From childhood I have been taught to show off my money. I have always been taught that money is everything and we can buy anything from this money. So I started feeling like I can buy anything, even happiness. I forgot that, I can't buy it, I can only create it. And you reminded me about that."

Nathan again looked at him surprisingly. They were passing by to the park. Rakshit grabbed Nathan's hand and pulled him into the garden. He took him to the tree which was having so many flowers on it. They were standing under that tree and looking at each other. Rakshit continued "You reminded me that by spending money, we can't live our life happily."

Nathan was looking at Rakshit, he was looking at the smiling face of Rakshit. He saw the excitement of Rakshit, he saw happiness of Rakshit. Rakshit continued "You are looking at me. This smile is just because of you. Remember the first time we met. You haven't looked at me. Not even for a second. But I looked at you. The whole you. Full sleeve tee, black ocean hairs, dark brown sparkling eyes, wet lips, bright skin and you gave me hand to get up. But, that was not the first time we met."

Nathan said "What do you mean?"

Rakshit said "I saw you on Diwali festival. You were giving those bags of food to those roadside children. Actually, it was not my ex-girlfriend who taught me that good thing to give food to those children. It was you."

Nathan was surprised and said "Huh?"

Rakshit continued "One day, you were going somewhere and then you saw a kitten who was stuck on the tree and a small boy from the balcony was crying. You helped that kitten and gave that back to the child. One day, you were crossing the road and you saw an old lady who was walking so difficulty. You helped her. Even when the road light was green and everyone was shouting on you to take her away faster, but you were still there for her to help her."

Nathan said "What are you saying , I don't remember anything." and starts blushing.

Rakshit said "I didn't fall for your body Nathan. Yeah I am rich, but I am not like others. I don't want to show off my money. I don't want to spend my money to buy anyone's happiness and I don't want to be away from you."

Rakshit continued "I love you. I can't stop loving you. And I fall for you more and more day by day."

Rakshit took out that fake flower again, opened it and took out a bracelet from it. Nathan saw that bracelet. It was not the same necklace, it was a bracelet. Rakshit said "I made it by myself."

Nathan asked "How?"

Rakshit replied "I took a thread and took out some beads from my clothes and put them in the thread and made this. Do you like it?"

Nathan said smiling "Of course, it's beautiful."

Rakshit finally asked Nathan "I know that you would not accept the necklace or anything expensive so I made this. Nathan, I am ready. I am ready to be a better person. I am ready to change my bad habits. I am ready to take walk except taking my car everywhere. I am ready to eat homemade food except going to restaurant. I am ready to spend my life with you. I am ready to stick with you. So, I finally want to ask you. Nathan, would you like to be my boyfriend?" And suddenly, wind starts blowing and the flowers petals started falling on ground and some were falling on both of them. And Nathan said "Yes."

It was so obvious that he would say yes to Rakshit. There was no doubt in that. But Nathan was overthinking that Rakshit will not come back. After saying a yes, Rakshit put on the bracelet on Nathan's wrist and hugged him tightly. And Nathan was thinking that how stupid he is to think that Rakshit would not come back again. And then Nathan sneezed. Rakshit asked "Do you have a cold?" He puts his hands to Nathan's head and neck to check his temperature. It was not normal, but not that high. Rakshit said "You have a fever. You should rest." He took out his jacket and put on Nathan. Nathan said "It's not that high and why are you giving me your jacket, what will you wear?"

Rakshit said "I am stronger than you. I can tackle this cold." Nathan gave him a look again. Rakshit said "Am I wrong?" Nathan smiled and said "Yeah, yeah, you are stronger."

Rakshit said "Now you are my boyfriend. So....."

Nathan said "Stop there. I know what are you trying to say."

Rakshit said "So can I..." He moved his face near to Nathan's. Nathan put his hand on Rakshit's face and said "Nonsense! We are in the middle of the park."

Rakshit said "That means we can do it at home?"

Nathan said "NO!!!!!"

Then Rakshit said "Fine! Fine!" and they both started moving back to the house. Nathan was admiring the bracelet and suddenly Rakshit said "Let's meet my parents." Nathan stopped at the place and looked at Rakshit shockingly and said "What?"

***********************************************************************************************

HELLO EVERYONE. DID YOU ENJOY?

Please leave a comment and vote for my story!!