CHAPTER 8: MEETING WITH FAMILY (II)

Nathan went to the house and everyone was already up. Gautami and Mitali were in the kitchen making coffee for everyone and others were sitting on sofa half sleepy. He went inside and set on sofa so heavily. Sneha asked "What's wrong? Are you still upset about last night?"

Nathan said "No, it's not that. We are good now."

Arjun asked "Than what is it?"

Nathan said "He asked me to meet his parents?"

Everyone was exclaimed and said "What?" Even Gautami and Mitali heard Nathan and they were surprised too.

Kuldeep asked "Wait! When and where did you meet him? You were upset last night and now you just said that you are good and he wants you to meet his parents?"

Nathan sighs and said "I woke up early in the morning and Rakshit knocked at doors so I went for a walk with him. There we talked about last night and there he asked me to meet his parents."

Gautami asked from the kitchen "Then what did you say?"

Nathan said "Well, first I was shocked too but then..."

(He remembers the scene: -

Rakshit said "Well, I want you to meet them. I want them to know you."

Nathan said "Umm...")

Everyone exclaimed again "Umm?" Nathan looked at everyone so shockingly.

Sneha asked "Just Umm?"

Nathan said "Then what do you expect me to say. Should I say that, 'oh yeah, they will be so happy about us, especially you, you are their only son and you love a boy' or should I say 'no way, I will never going to meet them.'?"

Arjun asked "Then, what did he say?"

Nathan said "He told me to think about it."

Kuldeep asked "Now, what are you going to do, because he will definitely ask you about this again."

Gautami and Mitali came to the hall with coffee mugs and Mitali said "And as far as I know him, he will ask you in the afternoon itself." They both start handing others their mugs.

Nathan said "I think he is going to tell his parents about us. (Everyone stopped and looked at him) By seeing his confidence, he will come out soon. I am afraid that it will be too soon." And there was a silence in the hall.

Sneha breaks the silence and said "I don't think that it's too soon. (Everyone looks at her) See Nathan! You don't have any connection with your family. Even your parents are not alive. You are free. You can do anything you want. But, he is not. He is four year older than you and running his family business. This maybe soon for you, but it is not soon for him. He must be thinking that if he would not tell his parents now, it would be too late."

Gautami agreed with Sneha and she said "Yeah! Sneha is right. He doesn't want to hide himself from his own parents."

Nathan said "I know... I am just scared. This coming out thing is so horrifying."

Sneha said "Chill! Everything will be good. Why are you so scared when Rakshit is with you?" Everyone said "Yeah!" but only Nathan's knows how much scared he is.

Now, it was the time for Nathan to go to his office and Rakshit was already for outside the house waiting for him. When Nathan moved out and sit in the car, Rakshit said "Our first ride as boyfriends."

Nathan got a bit discomfort and said "Err... Yeah! Yay... Now can we go?" Rakshit smiled and starts the car and move forward. He played the radio and said "First time listening to radio together after being boyfriends." Nathan got uncomfortable again and said "Yeah...!"