Chpt. 8

"Alright... you got this... Kataki you foolish manthing, do you know that I am carrying our child... no that doesn't sound right." Alcina said to herself in front of a mirror.

Alcina: "Kataki, I am happy to inform you that you have given me... a child- ugh, It's been three months already and I can't figure out how to tell him. Am I nervous? It can't be, I am Alcina Dimitrsecu I could never, I'm losing my mind perhaps I should lay down for a moment." She then heard knocking on the door as she opened it to see Daniela.

Daniela: "Hello mother, how are you feeling?"

Alcina: "I am fine thank you for asking." She said as she let her in.

Daniela: "That is good mother, did you tell Kataki yet?"

Alcina: "No not yet, I've been trying to find a way to tell him."

Daniela: "Well you should tell him soon, because he is about head out."

Alcina: "He can't his arm is still broken!" She said as she then quickly left the room.

Cassandra: "You should slow down mother!" She suggested.

Kataki: "And that's why became scared of frogs." He said to Bela.

Bela: "Hahaha, becoming scared of frogs, but they seem so harmless."

Kataki: "I guess it wasn't that one then, he was upset that he had to stay inside for a week, and now I see how he felt, staying inside for a long time."

Bela: "Are you sure you want to go back out with a broken arm still?"

Kataki: "I'll be fine, and I think my arm is feeling better, I could move it much more."

"And where do you think you are going?" They turned around and looked up to see Alcina standing on the staircase.

Kataki: "I'm leaving... well not actually leaving, why do you ask?"

Alcina: "Because you are not supposed to be leaving in your condition."

Kataki: "It's okay, I'll be fine and my arm feels much better." He said as she walked to him.

Alcina: "Is that so? Well then..."

Bela: (Come on mother, just tell him already.) She thought as Alcina was trying to figure out what to say.

Alcina: "Uhhh, well you see... I can't let you go without... telling you..." She couldn't tell him as she felt a bit pressured.

Kataki: "Tell me what? Are you okay?" He asked as she nodded.

Alcina: "Oh yeah, can you deliver this to Donna Beneviento, since you are going out?" She said as she picked up a small package and gave it to him.

Kataki: "Okay... but why the sudden change?"

Alcina: "Well you see, since you want to go out so bad, I think it's time you should be given a chance."

Kataki: "Thank you, I'll be back don't worry." He said as he then walked away while waving.

Alcina: "But if you so happen to return with scratch, bruise, and or even blood on you. That will be the last time you will set foot outside." She stated. "Trust me I will know."

Kataki: "I'm not a child and I'm not completely vulnerable, I can defend myself against whoever and if I can't I'll just leave."

Alcina: "I know you're not a child it's just..." She pinched the bridge of her nose. "Just go before I change my mind." She said as he then left.

Bela: "Mother, when do you think you should tell him? I think it's making you crazy and stressing you out."

Alcina: "I will tell him soon, I just need to prepare myself for it."