Results - Science Fiction

Winners

🥇First Place🥇

Amanita: Poison Shot by marsaumell

🥈Second Place🥈

The Underground Facility by Bio_Organic_Weapon_

🥉Third Place🥉

The Alien Dairies by GlennDevlin

-

Scores

-

1. The way it is - JessieGoodwin

Title - 8
Cover - 9
Blurb - 10
Grammar - 12
Originality - 10
Writing Style - 12
Plot - 14
Character Development - 9
Overall Enjoyment - 5.

Total - 89/100

Short Review - Marshal Zea, or is she anymore? Will be one of my fav characters from now on. Her attitude is different from mine, but something which piques my interest. The story slowly getting clearer as time goes, left my mouth open to the floor. I think this will be one of the stories I would LOVE to complete reading later in my free time.

-

2. The Stolen Ground - DrakeRTodd

Title - 5
Cover - 6
Blurb - 6
Grammar - 11
Originality - 10
Writing Style - 8
Plot - 15
Character Development - 9
Overall Enjoyment - 4

Total - 74/100

Short Review: The story's plot and the title haven't made sense to me yet. If it is something that would make sense at the end of the story, then I still might barely give one or two more points. As I believe it must be something clear from somewhere at the start. Okay, the choice for cover is not great but nice. What made me give less score? The story talks about a single tower built deep within and above, into hundreds of floors. But on the cover, there is a bridge from the tower to another twin tower. But the POV changed at a point without warning. And the flashback seemed like, the present character was re-calling it somehow. Even when she wasn't present there. So writing style needs to change. The story was good and needed an edit though.

-

3. King Eden - RowanCarver

Title - 10
Cover - 10
Blurb - 10
Grammar - 14
Originality - 9
Writing Style - 13
Plot - 14
Character Development - 9
Overall Enjoyment - 1

Total - 90/100

Short Review - As I said, Eden is one of my fav characters now! Even when the story isn't something I would read, she was a different story. Her love for her son and hate for her husband. I mean, she was ready to fight so many beasts/ soldiers, on her own, to save her son. And the concept of the story on "Corruption" being a symbiosis that can turn to be parasitic. The name seems symbolic and great!

-

4. Starsnatcher: Trapped In An Alien World - PASharp