Results - New Adult

Winners

Winners

🥇First Place🥇

But You Sent Me Away by mellimack

🥈Second Place🥈

Damilola's Diary by Evergreen_Ebony

🥉Third Place🥉

16 Letters To My Runaway Father by cynkruse26

-

Scores

-

1. Deals - Theodora_lu

Title: 7
Cover: 9
Blurb: 6
Grammar: 5
Originality: 10
Writing style: 10
Plot: 8
Character development: 6
Overall enjoyment: 3

Total: 64/100

Short Review: The book has potential. It should be edited for grammar and spelling. I think the story would benefit greatly with a little more character development and even a bit more detail about their environment. We know there is a mansion but a bit more description of it would be great, same with the city they are in.

The story can be a little confusing. We think that Peyton's dad is marrying a man at first because he has to and doesn't want to, at least that's the initial impression, but then it seems like he very much enjoys his new husband so it leaves questions. Also, there is the part where the one twin gets raped but Peyton accuses her father of making her boyfriend "sleep" with her sister but shortly after we read how Peyton feels she was raped? It was a little confusing. Perhaps this does happen later and I haven't read that far. But it's a good draft and with a little work would be even better.

-

2. But You Sent Me Away - mellimack

Title: 7
Cover: 6
Blurb: 10
Grammar: 15
Originality: 10
Writing style: 13
Plot: 14
Character development: 8
Overall enjoyment: 5

Total: 88/100

Short Review: Great short read! Easy to read. The writing is well done, the story flows great! The dynamic that Tessa has with her friend Janie is fun and the way we join Tessa on her journey, finding out she's preggo, then being a teacher and her daughter is all grown up, then Jaxson and the surprise of him having MS... Emotional and well thought out.