ch.6: no words left to say

p.o.v. xianliang

flashback: a few weeks after the Ying Clan incident

Now that we're left with no home and no parents to take care of us, Mingyue and I stayed in an inn. For the whole two weeks we've been staying there already, he hasn't been saying a word. He didn't look at me for weeks, didn't talk to me for weeks, ignored me for weeks.

But one day he finally broke the silence:,,Buy bread.'' He said this with no emotion in his voice and an empty look on his face. I looked at him in disbelief. ,,That's all you have to say to me after ignoring me for half a month?'' ,,Hurry..it'll be sold out soon.''

,,Why do I even stay with you when you're just ignoring me all day?'' ,,Because you don't fucking have anyone else than me in your life.'' ,,Thanks for reminding me.'', I sarcastically answered as I was looking at the raindrops that were running down the window.

After another week we had to leave the inn, so we walked around to look for a place to stay at. Two days later we found a clan building, so we went inside to ask for shelter. A member spotted us and walked towards us. ,,Good afternoon, how can I help you two young men?'' ,,Master, I don't want to be so upfront, but do you have a place for us to stay at? We have been walking around for days now and are really exhausted.'', Mingyue asked. ,,Yes, of course. I'll have two rooms get prepared for you. You must be hungry, so why don't you join me for a late lunch in the garden? Oh, I almost forgot; I'm Master Song, one of the people who established this clan.'' ,,We're pleased to meet you, Master Song.''

We followed him into the garden and sat down at a desk filled with all kinds of freshly cooked dishes. ,,Master Song, can I ask you something?'' ,,Hey, don't be disrespectful..'', Mingyue grabbed my arm. ,,Yes, of course. What is it?''

,,What exactly is this place? I'm talking about your clan.'' ,,Our clan consists of independent Taoists who escaped from the inhuman laws and rules from the Ying Clan and His Highness. All of our member's clans got destroyed, so we teamed up to build our own, new clan.'' ,,I see..'' ,,You two haven't introduced yourselves yet.'' ,,Right, I apologize. My name is Xia Mingyue.'' ,,I'm Lu Xianliang.''

,,Are you brothers?''

,,Ye-'' ,,Not really.'', Mingyue interrupted me. These two words pierced right through my heart.

,,I think Young Master Lu sees that different?"

,,We have different mothers, so we're only half-brothers." Let's hope he actually still sees me as his family.

,,Excuse me, Master Song!", a guy suddenly walked towards us and bowed down.

,,Good afternoon.", Mingyue and I greeted him, causing him to look to the side. When our eyes met, his face formed a surprised look.

,,Xianliang..?", he asked hesitant.

,,Wenyan, it's you!", I recognized him, the person that saved my life just a few weeks ago.

,,Oh great, it's him again...", Mingyue mumbled to himself annoyed.

,,You know each other?", Master Song asked.

,,He saved my life when my clan got attacked by the Ying Clan."

,,You're exaggerating..." My brother seemed pissed and not at all amused about the fact that he had to meet Wenyan once again.