ch.14: your skin

p.o.v. xianliang

I still didn't let go of Xuxu's hand and only let go of it when we got inside the forest.

,,What was that just now?", I asked him.

,,I'm sorry, I shouldn't have just hugged you like that.."

,,That's not what I'm talking about."

The smaller one of us looked at me in confusion.

,,What is it then...?"

,,'Please don't blame yourself'. That sounded so understanding to me, like you knew what I was feeling."

He let out a quiet gasp, looking nervous.

,,I was..just trying to emphasize with you..."

,,There's something about you that caught my interest from the second I read about you in the books in heaven. I'm always looking forward to seeing you when dawn breaks and always get excited when you're on my mind, isn't it weird? We've known each other for just a few weeks."

,,Hanyu, I-"

,,Lu Hanyu!", a fairly familiar voice called for my name in anger.

Startled I turned around - and faced my brother, Mingyue. What in the world is he doing here?!

,,Mingyue..?"

,,What do you think you're doing here in the mortal realm? Just lay around uselessly and screw around with men, once again?", he was confronting me, being as honest and un-heldback as he could be.

,,Clan Leader Qin got severely injured, so we had to get some herbs.."

,,I thought you came here for your guy?"

,,How did you even know I'm here?"

,,I asked some people the village up the hill. But that's not important right now. You should rather answer my question."

,,May I interfere..?"

,,And who are you again?"

,,Xuhuan-jun."

,,Right. And I'm the Jade Emperor."

,,He really is Xuhuan-jun!", I was getting annoyed at my brother's arrogance.

,,Anyways, how are you related to my brother?"

,,We met by chance a few ago..He came to my Clan Leader's property and that's how we became...friends."

,,You're fucking him, of course. Good job, Hanyu. As always."

For once in my life I'm glad he didn't call me by my first name. I wouldn't dare to let anyone know my name, the name of the disappointment of the nation, the immortal who doesn't have a reason for being one, the selfish fool that let his boyfriend die all by himself in a war.

,,We..We're not sleeping with each other...I don't even like-'', Xuxu tried convincing Mingyue with the truth.

,,Do you think I'm god-damn stupid or something? Don't you dare lie to me. Hanyu, you're coming with me.''

,,To where? I'm not going to leave Xuxu behind if you think of going back to heaven!''

,,I thought you just met by chance a few weeks ago? And I'm just going to the village anyways, so calm down, for heaven's sake...''

,,Why can't Xuxu come with us?''

,,I want to have a talk with you. Alone.''

,,I'm sorry...I'll see you later, okay?'', I said to Xuxu with an apologizing smile.