ch.15: back to reality

p.o.v. xuxu

This sudden action of him really surprised me. Just kissing me all of a sudden, that's not something I ever would have had imagined. At that very moment I didn't know what to do, so I just gave in to the kiss.

The fact that my Xianliang just kissed me still sounds so unrealistic. Just a few weeks ago I didn't even dare to imagine meeting him. I wonder if he ever had these kinds of thoughts? Wasn't the reason he came back to the Mortal Realm to look for me? But he saw how severely injured I was back then.. Well, I guess he came here to look for my grave or something.

After being lost in thought for a few seconds, reality caught up on me. I was staring at a pair of eyes colored in a beautiful shade of brown. They're so deep, the most story-telling eyes I've ever seen, so full of emotions.

Suddenly the realization of what just happened hit me. ,,What...what was that just-''

,,That was a good-night kiss.'', he interrupted me with a fond smile.

,,Ah..yes..'' I completely forgot what kissing felt like, which is obvious after not having experienced anything similar to that for over one-hundred years.

,,Is everything okay? You don't look too happy, Xuxu...'' Worried he brushed over my cheek with his warm hands.

,,Everything's fine. Good night then, Hanyu.'', I just said, hoping to not seem suspicious.

,,Sweet dreams~'' Xianliang gave me a soft kiss on my cheek and slightly moved back again. Am I really going to stay so close to him for the whole night? Doesn't that also mean I'll..wake up next to him tomorrow? I can't believe my luck right now...

With a smile drawn on my lips I closed my eyes and peacefully fell asleep.

The next morning

Due to something tickling me over and over again I woke up and slowly opened my eyes. The reason for this tickling was none other than Xianliang who was giving me small kisses on my neck.

,,Finally you're awake.'', he greeted me with a bright smile.

Facing him like this made me blush. ,,Good morning...''

,,Shall we check up on Yusheng?''

,,Yes, sure.'' As I was about to stand up, he quickly held out his hand for me to take. Quite confused I grabbed it and he pulled me out of the bed, making me stand right in front of him now.

,,You look pretty.'', the taller one of us complimented me out of the blue.

,,Uhm, thank you..''

,,Cute...''

Together we went out of the room into the living room.

,,Oh, good morning, you two.'', Mister Zhao greeted us.

,,Good morning. How is Yusheng doing?'', Xianliang asked as we were sitting down at the dining table.

,,He seems to be in a stable condition at the moment..A few hours ago I thought we had lost him, since his pulse was very weak and completely gone for about two minutes. I had to reanimate him and gave him some medicine that makes the heart beat faster, so his body could come back to life properly. Master Hanyu, your spiritual powers really had a great impact on his now good condition.''

,,Thank god...'' Xianliang sighed relieved.

,,Can we talk to him?'', I asked Mister Zhao.

,,Of course.''

I stood up and walked towards the bed on which he was resting on. ,,Yusheng, can you hear me?''

Slowly he opened his eyes and let out a moaning sound in pain. ,,Ah...Xu..xu. It's you..''

,,Yes, it's me! Are you okay, is the pain bearable?'', I asked worried, slowly getting teary eyes from being so relieved he's stable again.

,,The wound on my stomach feels like it's burning, every little movement is really painful...But it's okay. I'm okay, Xuxu.'' In comfort he grabbed my hand and gave me a reassuring smile.

,,I'm so relieved..'' I let out a sigh and wiped away the tears that were running down my cheeks.

,,Mister Zhao?'', he called the doctor.

,,Oh yes?'' Now the other two also gathered in front of the bed.

,,How am I still alive, after I've lost so much blood..?'', Yusheng asked confused.

,,The one you should thank for saving your live is right here.'', Mister Zhao answered and pointed at Xianliang.

,,I gave you some of my spiritual powers, since you lost a lot of yours in the fight with the Ying Clan members. And I also used my spiritual powers to slow down the bleeding and to give your body the strength to stay conscious.'', Yusheng's savior explained.

,,After I saw my parents..get sliced open..I thought it's over for me. For a few seconds I even wanted to surrender...''

,,What even happened?'', I asked.

Yusheng took a deep breath. ,,Okay, so..You know the three of us were having breakfast in the pavilion. My parents were inside their bedrooms at that time. You also know most of this already, so I'll start from where I left you two alone. I immediately went to my parents' room and walked in on a Ying Clan soldier. He was told to kill every Qin Clan member, so he tried attacking me, but I was able to knock him out with a few punches. When I thought I was safe now and was about to open the door, another soldier appeared and stabbed me from behind. I tried my best to fight him and almost got stabbed again, but our first general, General Zhongren, defended me and succeeded, but died just a few minutes later due to his severe wounds..Finally I went to my parents' room and wanted to take them with me to escape, but out of nowhere one of Emperor Ying's Generals came inside. Even with my already dangerously deep wounds I tried fighting him and did my best to protect my parents, but for just one moment I broke down since I was so weak from loosing so much blood. When I was about to regain my balance, the General already sliced his sword through my father's stomach and roughly pulled it out again. There was no chance for my father to survive at this point...And about a few minutes later he pushed my mother against the wall..stabbed her so, so many times until she broke down..But that wasn't enough for him. He finally sliced open her throat and turned around to me smiling, with blood all over his face and body. Out of nowhere my body was suddenly filled with adrenaline, which made me able to start running as fast as I could. Luckily I just completely lost all of my strength when I got to you two inside that forest...'', Yusheng explained everything that's happened almost a week ago short on breath, slightly shaking.

,,Clan Leader Qin, please calm down, your body is still very weak.'', Mister Zhao advised him and handed him a glass of water.

,,So they...they all died?'', I asked, still not being able to process what actually happened.

,,It was horrifying...There was blood everywhere... But I knew this day would come. It's known to the public that we, the Qin Clan, are Taoists, cultivators, that believe in the power of the heaven and it's immortals. Emperor Ying has been planning all this, waiting for the day my father is weak enough and would make me the new clan leader.''

,,Where are we going to live from now on?''

,,The three of us will have to work together from now on and will rebuild the Qin Clan. My father always told me to protect our clan and our members. You two are currently the only people I have in my life, so it's my duty to protect you. As soon as i recover, we'll go back to Jiangsu.'', Yusheng told us about the plans and goals he had.

,,And what if the Ying Clan attacks us again? Maybe they're just waiting for us to come out of our hideout.'', Xianliang doubted his plan.

,,That's a risk we'll have to take. I'm not going to hide forever, that'd be pathetic. If they really attack us once again, I'll protect you two with my life, don't you worry about that.''

,,Yusheng, you're really the best Clan Leader I could ever ask for...'', I praised him in awe.

,,Only thanks to my father. He really taught me a lot...''

,,Let's build a grave for your parents when we're back in Jiangsu.''

,,Good idea, Xuxu. Thank you, you two, for staying by my side.''