Chapter 1

I had been a maid at the Dimitrescu castle for quite some time now. Most of maids only work for three to four day and then they will disappear and you never hear from them. I on the other hand had been working at the castle for almost 4 months now and I'm still pretty much alive. Im the head maid and train every new servant that comes into the castle. Always trying to do my best and never getting attached to one of the girls because they will be gone three days later. After discovering what happens to all of the maids, I were pretty greatfull that I stand under the protection of the Dimitrescu family but i was also was kinda shaken up at the revelation. Now I just shrug my shoulders like its nothing. On my very first day, Lady Dimitrescu forbid her daughters to ever lay a hand or sickle on me or they will be punished. At first they were not so happy about that but pretty soon they got over their anger and terrorized the other maids. Walking around checking on the maids to control their work I walk into the kitchen to help the girls. I ordered them around to cut vegtables or to stir the food. As it neard 6 pm I heard the daughters entering the dining room. Their maniacal laughers filled the kitchen and all maids visiblly tensed. ,, Now get moving. The Lady will be here shortly. Get the wine out of the basement and the food onto the table. I will do the rest." They all scurried away to do what I said. Even though Im not as murderous as the girls, Im still feared by the other maids. Looking at the time, I stood up and walked into the dining room and greeted the girls. ,, Which one of my maids did you hunt this time? " smiling they chuckled and Bela, the oldest daughter answered. ,, Well we scared the daylights out of Anna and we took Kendra into the basement because she broke one of mother's favorite vases." i snickered at that and looked at them and playfully scolded them. ,, You know better than to scare my maids. They don't work really well after you scared them but Im glad you had such a good time. Anyways I'll be getting the wine that hopefully is now standing in the kitchen." with a small bow, I left the dining room and went back inside the kitchen, which was now clean again and no maid was in sight. As I spotted the wine i sighed, grabbed the bottle and unkorked it. Walking back inside I was greeted with the three girls, Lady Dimitrescu and to my surprise a small figure clad in a mourning gown and a veil that covers her face. Next to the woman sat a doll with a white wedding gown. She looked at me and smiled as long as you can say that from a doll. ,, oh look Donna a maid. How are you sweetheart?" I blinked at her and looked to the woman with the veil. So that is Donna Beneviento. She is the heir of the Beneviento estate and is quite known for her dolls. I hear Lady Dimitrescu cough lightly and I came out of my stupor. With a slight blush I walk around with the wine and gave some to the girls and Lady Dimitrescu. ,, What can I get for you Lady Beneviento. I wasn't aware we would be having guests. I will get you a plate and your companion too. " ,, We would like a jasmine tea for Donna and a small glass of water for me please. Get us some soup if possible. Now go sweetheart." answered the doll. I nodded and go back to the kitchen. What was that? It's like the doll talks for Lady Beneviento. Doesn't she want to talk or is she just to nervous and let's the doll talk instead? However it is I put a kettle of water onto the stove and started to put a teabag into a cup. After the water boiled i poured it into the cup and started to heat up some soup. As I was heating up the soup I heard the the door open. Thinking it is Lady Dimitrescu I didn't turn around and said: ,, The soup and the tea will be out shortly my Lady. Can I help you with something else?" As you heard nothing you turned around and saw Lady Beneviento staying at the door. ,, Oh Lady Beneviento I didn't know it was you. Your tea and soup will be out shortly. Sorry that it takes so long. " I blushed and turned back around. ,, It's ok. I just wanted to get the water for Angie . She's getting a little ... annoyed. It's not your fault though." she looks a little uncomfortable speaking so much. Even though I can't see her face you can tell that she doesn't really talk that much. I nodded, grabbed a glass and filled it with water. I walked over to Lady Beneviento and gave it to her. Our fingers brushed and her hands were so soft. How can she have such soft hands if she works with wood. I didn't realize that I was holding her hands as she pulled her hands away and rushed out of the door. Way to go Brielle. After the soup was heated I put it into a small bowl and put it on a tray together with the tea. Taking a deep breath I walked outside the kitchen and walked over to Lady Beneviento. As I put the tea down I brushed my fingers over her shoulder and she tensed. I tensed up and looked up to Lady Dimitrescu. Shit. She looked at me and her eyes glowed dangerously. ,, Brielle you can go now." With a nod I bow down a little and walked out the dining room embarrassed.