Chapter 8

As she mentioned Donna my face turned red. ,, My life here is good so far. Some chores can be pretty tiring but nothing I cant manage. At the moment I'm the Chamber maid for Lady Beneviento, for the time she stays here and I cant say much about my mother. She vanished kind of. It was a normal day like always. She got up at 6 am and got ready to go to work. After she didnt came home like always, I got worried, but i didnt thought much of it. I thought she was still with you because she had to work a little longer. I was wrong." I looked down and a single tear ran down my cheek and onto my hand. ,, The next day a neighboor came to me with her scarf in hand. She never goeses anywhere withoput her scarf. " I felt a hand on my shoulder squeezing it slightly. I looked up to come face to face with Mother Miranda. ,, She never left my house Brielle. The day she vanished is the day she injured herself on her head in my house and fell into a coma. She hasnt woken up. I didnt know she had a daughter. If i had known, I would have let you know that she's with me. I'm so sorry that you had to go through this. If you want you can visit me anytime you want, to see your mother." I looked at her surprised. There has to be a catch. Its Mother Miranda after all who we are talking about. ,, There is a catch to it right? I don't mean to be disrespectful but there has to be a catch." She looks at me and takes off her mask. Her blue eyes look at me intensely and I want to squirm under her gaze. What happens now? Will she punish me? She stands up and walks to me. Stopping just centimeters before me she leans down so that our faces are a breath away. ,, The only thing i want is that you will have to take the cadou. With that you will be with Donna for eternity. You can come to me tomorrow at z pm and I will do the operation by myself. Till then. Be good to Donna and Alcina. I neglected them to much. The search for my daughter had made me selfish. I want to change but it's hard. If your mother ever wakes up again I will be better." You look at her in shock. She steps back and opens her arms. I look at her in confusion. Does she wants a hug? Still confused I stand up and walk into her arms and hug her. At first she stiffens but after a second she hugs me back. ,, If you want to get them to trust you start with small things. Be proud of them if they did something right and say that you are proud. Show them that you appreciate them and sometimes kiss them on their forehead and tell them that you love them. In time they will come around. ",, Thank you Brielle. You are just like your mother. Always so kind and helpful." She steps back and turns around. ,, Until tomorrow then Brielle." With that she opens her wings and she was gone the ne t second. What you happened here? Still perplexere I got out of the room and made my way to Donnas room again. What will the cadou do to me? Will it hurt? What if I die? What about Donna? Will she stay with me? As all these thoughts ran through my mind I didn't saw the person infront of me and I ran into them. I look up and saw white. Jumping back I blushed and looked down. ,, I'm so sorry Lady Dimitrescu. I didn't looked where I was going. It will not happen again." She looks at me with concern in her eyes. ,, What did. Mother Miranda wanted from you? " I shuffled with my feet and let my head down. ,, She wants me to take the cadou. She also wanted advice on how to get your trust back. What shocked me the most is, that she has my mother, which I thought was dead. I'm going to be house tomorrow and will get the cadou then too. I'm so scared. What if Donna doesn't wants me anymore after I got the cadou. What if I die? " I started to ramble. She put one of her hands on my shoulder and smiles down at me. ,, Tell her and ask her yourself. She will understand. Come I will accompany you." With that she stretches out her hand and together we walk to Donnas chambers. As we stood before the closed door, she looks at me and opens the door. Now it's now or never.