Chapter XXXIII

Westminster Palace, England

After a meeting was called, Lily watched her husband and the rest of the council.

"We intercepted these at Greenwich," Bishop Morton informed the rest, throwing a pile of letters down on the table. "Signed and sealed by English Lords, addressed to Charlotte Neville, pledging their support for the so- called 'York King'."

Sir William Stanley reached forward, picking up the letters before he began to read over it.

"Well?" Henry asked, causing his uncle by marriage to turn to look at him.

"My men will make arrests," Sir William answered in a calm tone.

"We should have acted sooner," Margaret complained and Jasper lifted his hand to hush her.

"A handful of traitors does not make a rebellion."

"Not yet," Henry pointed out to the group, feeling uneasy about the whole ordeal as he stared down at the table, "The letters. How do they name me?" He asked and Sir William remained silent, knowing the King wouldn't like the answer. "Go on."

"Your Grace—" He began to say, but was cut off.

"Go on," Henry demanded in a stern tone, knowing it must have bad if even Sir William didn't want to tell him.

"The Pretender, Your Grace," Sir William answered as he avoided eye contact with the King. "They make similarities between you and the Conqueror, but not in a favorable view."

"And him?" Henry questioned, a concerned look on his face.

"William of York," Sir William informed the group, who was disappointed by the revelation. "Formerly the Duke of York and now King William the Third of England."

Henry turned his back to the group, walking closer to the fireplace to take in the news.

Lily's eyes widened at the revelation about this pretender daring to claim a title that had belonged to her grandfather, father and brother. "Our son, Prince Harry, is the Duke of York," she said firmly, turning to gaze at her husband. "Ennoble him, Henry. Give people their rightful Duke once and for all. Let us celebrate our strength and show these traitors that my mother has no power over us."

"The Queen is right," Margaret suddenly spoke up as Lily joined hands with Henry. "We will make Prince Harry a Duke, and when the Poles and the Courtenays return from Burgundy, we will have Lady Pole and Lady Anne denounce this boy publicly."

"Very well," Henry answered softly, slowly turning to face his council. "Make plans. Do not arrest the traitors yet, I have..." he trailed off,"A different thought of how to deal with it."

─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────

Mechelen, Antwerp, Burgundy