Chapter Four

My head feels fuzzy and I can't quite understand what's going on. I can only hear muffled voices and a slight hum of a familiar melody.

"The war will NOT take place, Sap." One voice hisses in an angry tone.

"They sent a spy! It's an act of war, Karl!" Another one replies.

"Will both of you shut up? Let Dream make the final decision." Another argues.

My mind suddenly wakes at the name of my alpha. But I don't show I'm awake yet. Curiosity keeps me from opening my eyes.

The humming stops as my alpha speaks.

"Thank you Quackity. We have no proof that they are declaring war." He states Sternly.

"What?? They sent a SPY Dream!" The one named Sap yells.

"I won't start a war without proof but I will take it as a threat." Dream offers. "We will up the security of the west perimeter and send a letter of warning to the accused tribe." He finishes.

"...And the spy?" The one named Quackity asks.

The room is silent while they await my alphas answer.

"He will stay in the dungeon until further notice."

They all begin to yell in protest.

"He's only a pup, Dream!" Karl yells.

"He's a spy! We need to get him to talk!" Sap snaps.

"QUIET." My alpha states releasing his dominant pheromones. "IF YOU WAKE MY MATE YOU WILL JOIN THE SPY IN THE DUNGEON."

At his statement they all ho silent.

"Now leave. I have more work to attend to." He says, ushering them out.

As soon as the door closes Dream slouches back into the chair, pulling me in close.

"You know..." He starts. "If you were awake you could have just said something."