Chapter Seventeen

Written By: May

Edited/Revised By: Kayl

Proofread By: Anonymous/Celestial

January 2, 2022

WARNING: Alcohol, language, and angst.

Sadness, Pain. Feelings that usually weren't commonly known when I was with them, they were my encouragement to wake up and do normal tasks, they were my motivation to change myself and put my bad habits in the past, that's what mates do, they helped me be a better person. I loved them with all my heart and more, they were my everything.

So having my everything ripped away when I was just teetering on the edge like a car on a mountain could only lead to disaster. That disaster, being me drinking away my problems after my life goes to shit for the millionth time. Sitting back I'm not sure if the pain I feel is mine or theirs. I can be as emotionless as an object and could still feel Karl's invisible tears running down my face or Sapnaps heart turning cold again after I helped warm it for however long.

I want to forget it all and just feel nothing like an endless void has swallowed me up and led me to my deepest desires of a happy life that was once mine, I want to stop feeling the endless scars on my heart full of hurt and regret for what happened, and just like every pointless argument, I can't even remember what we were fighting over all I know is I don't even wanna remember them for as long as I can feel or think I just want them gone from my brain like every other problem I willingly gave up.

So that's what I'm doing here. In a club, drinking my pain away with whiskey, beer, vodka just whatever I can stomach without getting alcohol poisoning. The stench of alcohol is something Sapnap hates and brought bad memories for Karl but I still know them, their likes and dislikes and every key detail and giggle so I know it's not enough. I ran away to a Star Caste bar, but I couldn't be closer to my pain.

Taking a swig of my sixth bottle of beer, I see a man walk up to me, I don't want a one night stand, I don't want a free fuck to get rid of my thoughts, I want a permanent solution. Even though what I'm doing isn't the best or healthiest way to do it, in the state of mind I'm in I could care less about anything anymore

"You clearly here to forget something man, wanna talk about it?" I hear the man ask. He's tall, with dark brown hair and piercing red eyes. My eyes make my way down to his pointed nose, then to his lips. A dark patch of stubble surrounds his chapped lips. I quickly turn away to look at the table, wondering how long it would take him to realize I wasn't interested in a free therapy session. Continuing to chug my beer, I exhale a long unsteady breath of agony, no matter how drunk I get I can always hear Karl's reassurances to Sapnap. The feel the slight twitch his mouth does every time he tells a lie. It's not long before I can feel tears beginning to form in my eyes, but I quickly blink them away, taking another swig of my drink.

I feel a presence beside me, followed by the creak of a chair as the mystery man sits down in the stool next to mine. "Double Scotch, Tender." He beckons at the waiter, who nods quickly and runs off to fetch the drink.

While the man sits in silence next me, I feel my thoughts begin to wonder again.. I don't want them to feel the phantom damage they caused to my heart in the form of salty streams down my face, memories of our happy moments only encourage me to consume more of the thought clearing liquid suddenly feeling a force pull it away before I can get to it, looking up I see the same man now having a confused look on his face as if he's wondering what caused a normal person to drink their weight in alcohol

"I'm Schlatt, by the way." The man offers in a deep, gruff, voice." This is my bar. You've been drinking all my beer for the past three hours." He chuckles. When he still doesn't hear a response from me, he begins again, but softly. "My employee informed me you look like you're gonna pass out any second" he says signaling one of the employees to clean my table.

"What the fuck?!" I yell in frustration as the waiter grabs my drink from me. "I was drinking that!"

"You can have it back once you tell me what's wrong." He counters.

"Why the fuck do you care?" I growl.

He pauses for a moment in thought. "I'm not sure myself. Something seems to just be... drawing me towards you."

I continue to glare at him and thank God my face is already flushed from the alcohol. "Well fuck off, I'm not looking for quick fuck. You'll have to find some other prick to satisfy your sick needs." I growl, flipping him off.

He chuckles. "No one ever talks to me like that." Swiftly, he's in front of me, his hand on my chin. His eyes gazing into my own. "You have no idea who you're talking to, do you?"

"I-I..." My face turns a bright red as I feel the man's hot breath tickle my face. His eyes turn towards my scar.

"Where'd you get this?" He whispers, tracing his fingers along it, gently.

"J-Just an accident. With a rebel from my tribe." I manage to stutter out, my eyes still locked on his.

"I know everyone in Star Caste, and you, most certainly aren't from this tribe. Where are you from?"

I look away for a moment before answering. "B-Blind Rave." His eyes seem to widen at my statement.

"You ran away then?" He whispers.

"So what if I did?" I growl, pushing him away from me. "No one wanted me there. My own mates abandoned me." I feel the tears begin to form again.

He sighs, and reaches for his glass as the waiter sets it down. "I had a son once. He was a happy kid, but when his mother died... well, we both lost it. I abandoned him as a father. I acted like a military leader. To my own son. One day I woke up, and he was gone."

The omega in me whines in sympathy for his lost pup, and I feel my walls crumble.

"The sad thing is, you don't know what's good for you. All men are the same and if you keep this up you'll be just like the rest of them" he says sipping his drink.

"What's a scruffy white dude got to say about my relationship , huh?" I say offended, how dare he compare me to the wonderful people I left behind if anything I'm worse then what they will ever be

"I'm a man with a fat ass, that's what" he says throwing his drink on the floor, whilst an employee scures to pick it up and throw it away.

I chuckle at his earlier statement thinking it's a funny joke to lighten the already depressing mood I've fallen into "What don't believe me?"

"Well I mean..." I giggle. "I don't have any proof to go off of."

"You trying to see my ass, gay boy?" He squinted at me while still joking, causing me to laugh harder.

"What can I say I'm always willing to see a nice piece of ass" I play along causing him to laugh with me.

Falling into light conversation is comforting. Every so often I'll feel the pain they are experiencing, but Schlatt brightens my mood. In the back of my mind I can still feel their heartbreak

"Quackity, how about we continue our conversation somewhere more comfortable?" he asks, leaning closer..

I knew where this conversation was headed and the second I entered this bar I knew I wasn't going back home to face whatever hateful words they had for me after the smell of alcohol.

"Ok." I say, giving in to the alcohol.

He grins and shakes my hand. "Glad to have you Quackity" he says, leading me out of the bar and farther away from the place where the loves of my life were wondering where I'd run off to. I could feel confusion and worry, all that weren't mine. I didn't feel nearly as bad as when I arrived

And yet, the rings on my hand will forever remind me where I belong and who I truly owe my heart to.