Chapter Nineteen

REAL QUICK BEFORE YOU READ THIS CHAPTER!

I just wanted to let you know that there will probably not be any smut in this book. Although I do read the occasional smut-fic, I'm actually asexual and all my experiences have been forced. So I'm just not completely comfortable writing about it. It makes me feel broken. I might change my mind, but probably not. Sorry. :(

Enjoy the new chapter tho

As I rush into the room, I'm met with the overwhelming sent of another alpha mixed among the already strong scent of my alpha. Next to my pup, with his hand on Tommy's shoulder, a tall, thin man with wavy brown hair and circular glasses looms over my alpha. My instincts immediately kick in as I swipe at the stranger, attempting to grab Tommy away from him and back into the safety of my arms.

"George. Enough!" My alpha demands, rushing forward and grabbing the wrist of my right arm. He mask is slightly tilted upward, probably moved up for him to better communicate with this stranger, but its movement allows me to take a glimpse of my alpha's eyes. Just the sight of his eyes shocks me into submission, my arm going limp in his hands.

"Gogs! It's ok! This is my older brother, Willbur!" Tommy says enthusiastic. "He's come to negotiate for my return back home."

My heart sinks. This is his home! Here with me! I feel Dream's hand gently move up from my wrist and grasp my hand. He gives it a slight squeeze before placing his other hand on my waist, pulling me closer. Slowly, he leads me to the stranger and Tommy.

"George," Dream softly speaks, "This is Wilbur Soot. He's a leader of a small pack called L'manberg."

"Pleasure to meet you." Willbur reluctantly says, reaching his hand out more me to shake."

"You can't have him" I mutter.

"What?"

"I said," I continue, marching closer to this intruder. "You. Can't. Have. Him." In my attempts to, once again, swipe at the man, I am stopped by the sight of my pup stepping in between us.

"Gogs." Tommy only says my name, but a thousand words were heard. The conflicted emotions wrap around my nickname, melting my heart slowly, then burning it from the inside out.

Dream's hand, that was once on my waist, slowly creep to my upper abdomen, gently pushing me back towards my alpha.

"Can you give us moment?" Dream asks, nodding to the door.

Willbur pauses for a moment, looking at the door as if scanning for a trap of sorts, then turns back to Dream. "Of course," He replies.

As Wilbur takes Tommy with him out of the room, hot tears begin to trickle down my faces. I begin to mutter and repeat myself. I scream in my mind, but the only sound that leaves my mouth are the soft intakes of air my body allows me to take in between sobs.

"He can't have him," I repeat again, "He's mine. My pup."

Dream gently kisses my cheeks with the small section of his mouth still showing while whispering assurances into my ears.

"It's ok. Just breath." The hand holding my own finds its way to my chest. "Breathe, Baby."

Slowly, painstakingly, I manage to take in a long gasp of air, but the air seems so thin, almost nonexistent. Every breath hurts, but the feeling of Dream's hand above my heart and the other on my stomach, somehow mange to make the air thicken. Soon, I am able to breathe fully. Dream carefully wipes the tears from my face and leads me to a chair.

He sits down gingerly, pulling me curled up from his lap as he rocks me and hums a tune. In that moment, although so much noise is going on outside and inside the room's doors, all I can hear his the steady heartbeat of my alpha. That's all I need.

Authors note: This was so cringy to write. Someone, please kill me 🥲