【Chapter 3】

❝ 𝐎𝐡, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐨 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞! ❞ 

*(𝐘/𝐧) 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

To think that skateboarding would change my life so much, it's just a board with two wheels on each opposite end, what's so special about something like that? This is what I originally thought, but when I finally spent more time riding it, I felt more relaxed, more free. As if all my worries slipped away. The way that the vibrations that came from the wheels riding across the black concrete made me know that I could hurt myself right now but I could not if I wanted to, that is that joy of skateboarding. You know you have a say in where you go and in what direction. 

Of course, that's all false when you fall. Especially when you scratch yourself. Though, you must always remember, that someone never learned anything by not taking risks. 

I was sitting on top of a hill that overlooked the whole city, near the abandoned mine. People said that it was haunted by ghosts, but I never believed that. Why would people wish to stay in this hell-hole after they've died? I wouldn't.

Sighing, I looked down at my slightly scratched-up skateboard and saw all the silly stickers that Shindo bought for me, said that it matched my personality. I never knew what he meant by that, people always said that my personality was cold and serious, but I think now, after two weeks of skating, that my personality changes.

Lifting my hand I looked at my wrist that was covered by the black wristwatch that I had and saw the time that it read, '23:33', or, 11:33 a.m..

'I guess I have to head back in an hour or two. No one is home, only my butler, but that dude already knows that I like staying out late skating, so I guess I will be fine.' I thought to myself and smirked. Putting on my black mask I pulled up my hoodie and grasped my skateboard under my arm and began to walk down the hill. 

Why am I wearing a small disguise? Well, my family customers are everywhere, and so one of them might see me and rat me out to either my mother or father, but both will result in the same thing. 

Slightly shivering I began to walk quickly down the hill, but I was caught between two sides. One was left, on which I took earlier, and one was the right. The reason was because of the silly rumor, but I'm no scaredy-cat. So, I walked down the right path closest to the abandoned mine. 

Clutching my skateboard tighter towards me I began to walk more hastily. My heartbeat quickening. 

"Yes, go Shadow!" Hearing the excited yell I stopped walking and turned my head around to face the metal fence. 'Shadow? Wait, there are people in there? I wonder...' Glancing around to find a place where I could see what was going on behind the metal fence my ears began to pick up more yelling and shouting.