【Chapter 10】

❝ 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧. ❞

 ❞

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

An hour after the minor challenge with Miya, the three are now inside of Dope Sketch's building room as they were helping Langa fix his broken skateboard to be more sturdy and effective for the day that he'll go up against none other than a member of the Japanese Team Hopeful; Miya Chinen.

"How's this?" Looking down at the weirdly styled skateboard, (Y/n) crouched down to inspect it, inspecting it as he took notes on how the earlier version of the skateboard was compared to the latest version. "I went with toe clips so that you can switch stances." Reki explained to Langa while sitting on top of the island table, skateboard decks lining the grey-colored walls making them pop out with their equally dull colors.

"Reki, this is great!" Langa brightened up, his attention over towards Reki as he ignored (Y/n) who was still examining the board. "Yeah, it truly is. I've never seen such a thing before. You've got quite the creativity, Reki." (Y/n) complimented him, getting up again as he faced Reki, giving him a small smile.

Blushing brightly at the gesture, Reki chuckled and scratched the back of his neck. "Thanks, (Y/n)!" Looking on as the two continued talking with each other, Langa frowned, not liking how Reki was far closer to (Y/n) than he was. 'I could build a skateboard, too, (Y/n).' Langa thought, looking away from the two as he unclenched his fists, not wanting for the two to ask questions; more or less pointed towards Reki than (Y/n).

"I know, right! Call me 'Mechanic Star Reki'!" Reki nervously chuckled, his eyes filled with pride as (Y/n) continued conversing with him on how he thought of such a design. "I see, I see..." Typing down the things that he was hearing, (Y/n) smiled back up at Reki once more before allowing for the other two to talk to each other again.

'This will help me greatly with the new computer design that I'm creating.' (Y/n) smirked, turning off his phone and stuffing it back inside his pant pocket, giving his attention back to the two. "I admit, this is far better than the other day." Langa admitted, looking back down at his new and improved skateboard in wonder.

"Hey, listen to me, but this alone won't do. Can you win against Chinen with this board?" Reki questioned him, his face serious as silence followed from after his question was spoken. Glancing over at Langa, (Y/n) tilted his head, not sure what pro condition should the board be for him to win. Didn't you just need skill and experience? Motivation and bravery?

"That's..."

"No way." Jumping up in surprise, (Y/n) quickly turned away from Oka with an alarmed expression. Though from also seeing Sketchy. (Y/n) doesn't take well with getting hurt, you know.