【Chapter 11】

❝ 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮. ❞

 ❞

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

Distant soothing echoes of a piano being played rung throughout the brilliant and gaudy hallways. The velvety white colors blended elegantly with the golden-dipped chandeliers strewed across the ceilings as their tear-shaped glasses dangled from them; the light reflecting off of it inducing for varied colors to show, varying at every individual angle.

Light and hurried footsteps resounded in the lavish hallway as a youthful man was seen walking towards the remote parts of the manor. The boy's handsome face scrunched up in outrage as his teeth grated together in a snarl. Eyes that look as if they were on fire flashed to the broad portrait of three people—one male and one female adult gorgeously gowned—with there being a younger, much more inscrutable boy in front of them, his (E/c) eyes boring holes to anyone who looked into them.

Catching the sight of a lone glass vase on a stand next to the other wall (Y/n)—in a moment of bitterness—trudged towards it and snatched it, his blazing eyes lit aflame with resentment as he flung it to the painting. Once colliding against the portrait, the vase shattered; its split pieces shooting in varied directions, settling in various areas and some other stands. However, one shard of the cracked glass flew towards (Y/n) and cut across his cheek, slitting it deeply, making (Y/n) hiss in agony as he held his injured cheek—which was now bleeding—in trivial discomfort.

Letting go of his cheek (Y/n) faced back at the portrait, hoping to see it scratched or torn only to see that it was not what he had anticipated for, and instead, it was still in mint condition; two ruthless and greedy adults clutching securely to their heir. For that was the only thing they ever saw him as; someone who was there to keep the family legacy going.

Snarling at the undamaged picture in profound revulsion, (Y/n) clenched his fists simultaneously and raced further away from the grandiose celebration of the launch of their new product that was going on a few doors away from him, loathing every single square inch of the mansion as he headed towards his room.

Grasping the golden curved door handle rigidly, (Y/n) jerked it open and stalked inside, the door closing briefly behind him with the only noise heard being a light 'click'. Leaning against the polished wooden bedposts, (Y/n) moved away the stray hairs that fell from his perfectly sculpted gelled hair in his flash of rage and prejudice, his eyes teeming with small incoming tears as he dropped from his stand and onto the floor—which was carpeted.