【Chapter 8】

❝ 𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥, 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲, 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡. ❞

 ❞

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

"Hey, (Y/n)!" Turning around to see who was calling his name, (Y/n) smiled softly as he saw Reki calling his name with Langa by his side, a warm smile on his face. "Hey, Reki, Langa, what's up?" (Y/n) asked as Reki finally caught up to him. Reki closed his eyes as he tried to catch his breath, though once he did he looked back up at (Y/n), his usual smile on his face. 

"We wanted to know if you could come with us today and check out Langa's brand new skateboard!" Reki exclaimed, doing jazz hands in the end. (Y/n) sighed, "Um..." Looking towards (Y/n), Langa tilted his head to the side. 

"Look, I won't be able to go with you guys today. Sorry, but one of my friends asked me if I wanted to hang out today." (Y/n) apologized, pulling out his flip phone and showed them the messages. Reki's bright smile fell to a disappointed frown, crossing his arms as he diverted his attention from (Y/n) face and towards the ground. 

"Okay, sure, whatever... like I care." Reki grumbled as he turned away from him and began to walk away. Biting his lip, (Y/n) looked back up to Reki's retreating form, his grip on his flip phone tightening. "Hey! What about tomorrow I join you for the rest of the day? I do have about three more days of school break, so I think that should be enough?" (Y/n) questioned which quickly lit up Reki. 

"Really?!" Reki yelled as he was already by his side, holding his hands tightly in his own as sparkles surrounded his face. (Y/n) nodded, "Cross my heart, and hope to die." Reki smiled at this and nodded. 

"Reki..." Langa whispered, his gaze burning holes into their joined hands. Reki looked over at him with a perplexed face before looking down at their joined hands, gasping as he quickly let go, his face erupting his a red mess. 

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to-" Stopping as he heard the familiar laugh of (Y/n), Reki relaxed and laughed along too. "It's fine, Reki, now go, I think Langa is already desperate to try out his new skateboard." (Y/n) stated as he shooed them away. 

Reki smiled at him, his back already turned away. "Will do, (Y/n)! Bye!" Reki yelled as he was now walking away from him. Looking over his shoulder, Langa nodded goodbye and quickly looked away from (Y/n), stuffing his hands inside his pockets, and walked together with Reki. 

Sighing, (Y/n) took out his phone and looked at the messages. 

❒︎