넷: master of his own

Sohae heaved in relief realizing that she had finally coped with the witchery syllabus that had been dramatically expanded ever since the prophecy of battling with The Twin was publicized

Sohae heaved in relief realizing that she had finally coped with the witchery syllabus that had been dramatically expanded ever since the prophecy of battling with The Twin was publicized. Life already was not a plain sailing that the Terror decided to contribute its part— the witch would get triggered every single time by a mere recollection of the circumstance.

However, every cloud has a silver lining, and in Sohae's case it was her relatively new housemate, who had been recently breathed life into. Not only had he taken over all of Sohae's trivial jobs, but it was only on his account that she had become someone whom the other witches had begun to possess reverence towards. After all, she had accomplished something other witches of her age must not ever have dreamt of.

She sculpted a whole, living being through a set of her spells, the praise was definitely well-earned.

Smiling gratuitously to herself, Sohae roused and located her two feet on the dark granite flooring, and swirled her head towards the direction that she needed to advance into. Although her jumping on her own spot was undeniably a bolt from the blue there, for that supposedly was not meant to happen.

The cause behind Sohae's precipitous halt was none other than her ideal servant-slash-slave Jungkook, who was presumably seated behind her the entire time and yet did not wind up emitting a squeak even once. Calming herself down as she patted on her own chest appeasingly, Sohae inhaled and exhaled repeatedly, abiding by the process not until she found herself convinced that her heartbeat had indeed stabilized.

It was only a matter of time now that she passed Jungkook a threatening glare, and pursed her lips in such a way that her face became as tiny as a fist. Believe it or not, the male would not take note of her as a fearsome mistress until she portrayed her disapproval through her face. It was hard for him to notice how one felt unless the emotions in that person's heart and mind were painted lucidly all over his face. Though even then he would never bother getting affected by people's fluctuating stances. He just was not molded in such a way.

Sohae's hasty conjuring had ended up not being so perfect, in the long run.

"How long have you been here? Also, does this mean that you skipped your kitchen responsibilities? Shall I make your mark burn as a punishment?" Sohae did reproach Jungkook for his imprudent behavior, but it still carried a tenderness that eventually annulled the serious overtone altogether.

Sohae might not admit, but she cared for Jungkook like a family member. He was, in the end, no less than a lost kid who still needed to be looked after— provided how his genesis was not too long ago.

"I served to the duties first, ma'am. It was only after that, that I sat here and listened to you as you recited those spells." Jungkook's reply was, as usual, clipped and straight to the point.

"Well then, I think I shouldn't have doubted you in the first place," Sohae shrugged her shoulders coyly, "why did you feel the need to listen to me reciting spells, anyway?"

"Magic fascinates me, ma'am. I think magic brings along with it tremendous power. I want to acquire it—"

"Woah, look at Ggukie being all ambitious. It's good, you know? It'd be really amazing if in future you could prove yourself as a self-made wizard..." Sohae dragged her speech as though a realization dawned upon her, "But don't you dare abandon your responsibilities and leaving them to me in the end. I'll make sure your mark burns like hell, then." She whispered into Jungkook's ear.

If it were someone else in Jungkook's place right then, they would have already felt tingles speeding up and down their spine. But in the case of Jungkook, all the menaces were just destined to go futile.

Sohae had instantly sauntered out of the room, leaving her precious slave— Jungkook— all by himself. Traces of disappointment could be sensed by the wizard, that were simultaneously being etched onto his heart. Anger was slightly flaring within him too, and revenge were the flakes that fire was generating. Albeit none of it was being displayed by him through his expressions, only Jungkook knew how wretchedly he was seething due to the vicious melange that was birthing inside him.

Suppressed rage had never been a good ally to anybody, but Jungkook had unfortunately become best friends with it.

Him being made familiar to the world as a slave was the very point from where it all started to go wrong. The tag subjected him to unasked-for condescending and constant nagging, which at first he did not pay much heed to, for he surmised that was how the actual world was intended to work. Jungkook's first time in the world was not exemplary, and when compared to other people around him, extremely bad than one would prefer. He was beginning to get the drift, gradually but surely, and that only led him to despise his situation even more.

There could be no way he deserved getting regularly debased, with the assaulters being so incredulously oblivious about it. There had to exist a culmination point of his miseries.

Hence, for the first time ever, Jungkook's eyes could be perceived saturated with augmenting flames as he rigorously marched towards the bulky compilation of magic and everything concerned— the book that Sohae was previously referring to. Jungkook wasted no time in flipping open its cover, landing directly on the page that dealt with its contents. He quickly skimmed his eyes over the titles, flashing a lopsided grin as soon as he managed to catch the one that could help in quenching his ever-growing hankering, even though for a bit.

Jungkook swiftly flung aside the stack of notes that did not interest him, ultimately suspending his hunt when his vision lurked over the heading that highlighted the purpose of the leaf quite remarkably. He skulked around reading and grasping the written material for some more time before finally arriving at the point which he could call, would aid him embark on a fresh chapter of his life.

"Same name, same face, same build as mine... if there exists in another world, give me his life and him, mine." Jungkook mumbled initially, but mustered confidence as he proceeded ahead and pronounced the spell like a learned wizard. It seemed like as if it was as easy as pie for him.

A medley of faintly discernible lights started to sprout from the ground, eventually caressing Jungkook in its hold as he gaped at the out-of-the-world alteration his surroundings were going through.

"A world where I can be the master of my own..." Jungkook added as he smiled contently to himself, clueless about being on the verge of getting swallowed by the winds that whooshed in his proximity.

And then in a snap, he vanished.

〰️

〰️

a/n

alright guys, i don't kid when i say that the book's going to be hella confusing next chapter onwards if even a chapter is skipped. there'll be many switches *you'll know soon* and if they aren't paid attention to, they are gonna be a pain in the ass for you i swear😭🗡️
ik it's too early to ask your thoughts on this story but still, are you finding it worth your time?😔👉🏻👈🏻