스물하나: anyday everyday

SEOUL CITY

SEOUL CITY

Little did Jungkook anticipate witnessing his ex girlfriend cowering under Sohae's gaze, first thing upon returning to his world. Meanwhile Haesoo could not quell her dithering pupils even after quite a couple of minutes had passed, Sohae continued to have amusement washing all over her face— her puckered lips and hoisted eyebrows bolstering the intimidation radiating off her in a proliferated manner.

Sohae leaned sideways towards Jungkook while her vision remained fixated at Haesoo, attempting to mutter discreetly so that nobody apart from him heard, "What do you think must be happening to her? Why would a stranger be afraid of me?"

Jungkook frowned at her snicker that followed, tilting himself in Sohae's direction as well for the purpose of satiating her fascination, "Ask the five days younger version of me and you'll know," and tying up by flashing a redundant, mirthless grin.

As it was evident by the way Jungkook was reluctantly advancing towards Haesoo, the man certainly had not finalised yet on the words that he considered would not end up exacerbating the already highly volatile situation of him ghosting Haesoo just the next hour of them calling it quits with one another. Although it was the female who had taken the splitting-up initiative in her hands, Jungkook still could not find a single reason to despise her due to that. The moments they had spent together, definitely outweighed the grief he had to ephemerally revel in, after all.

Any day. Every day.

The thought of him resorting to the same self-destructive behavior began to bounce against the walls of Jungkook's head, making him shudder in fright. If anything, he would have waddled down that vicious road had he not been exchanged places with. A part of him sincerely admitted to it proving to be ineludible if he was left on his own. He knew that he was incapable of decrying the temptation, and strangely enough, felt somewhat obligated to the supposedly evil, witch twin of his, because of all of this now.

Jungkook extended his arms in the hope of fixing Haesoo's haggard hair, only for his hand to be slapped away by her.

"What's wrong, Haesoo?" Jungkook implored, his fragile voice indicating the hurt that Haesoo's gesture had caused him.

"None of your business." She was quick to reply though, the scowl persistent on her face reflecting her disinterest more blatantly than ever. Haesoo did not waste more time of hers by standing there and waiting for Jungkook to acknowledge her indifference. She just fled the situation once she was done blabbing out her opinion, leaving the male stranded as he was.

Jungkook had realized he could do nothing to revive his and Haesoo's mangled relationship- not anymore, at least. However, what astounded him more was the absence of the despair that was meant to pound him like a truck. Had he simply lost his optimism regarding them surviving through thick and thin? Or was it something else that was trifling with him?