열넷: route to his freedom

On one hand where Jungkook's eyes had ridiculously popped out of their sockets— perfectly corroborating the disbelief that had been rushing through his entire system, Sohae nonetheless continued to draw closer to him in an insouciant manner— her g...

On one hand where Jungkook's eyes had ridiculously popped out of their sockets— perfectly corroborating the disbelief that had been rushing through his entire system, Sohae nonetheless continued to draw closer to him in an insouciant manner— her gaze peculiarly fixated at the male's neck. Soeun— who was the only one to adopt a middle path— curiously traced her sister's tracks till the moment the latter had finally arrived at her destination. Albeit, instead of resting her intertwined brows thereafter, she naturally found herself squinting her eyes at the female's preposterously portent actions.

Portent of bringing about a chaos that they would not be able to contain.

"Hey woman, calm the fuck down!" Jungkook yelped, but to no avail.

Sohae had clutched onto Jungkook's crew neck's hem, causing him to pass her an aghast look. Though the witch could not care less, and that for sure had begun to worry Soeun— utmostly, would be an understatement.

Being the one who carried out their slave's genesis, Soeun had definitely expected more than that from Sohae. Not only was Jungkook not fashioned to know how to respond to touch, with no further edifying on the same matter, he had grown repulsive to it. Every instance that flashed through Soeun's memory right then, reminded her of the very fact. That was precisely why his fondling of Sohae a while ago had had her in wonder, because the possibility of him doing that was even lesser than that of a human materializing in their world.

She was not really eager to clean up after him either, which was quite far-fetched of her to have resolved considering how he had flipped the house upside down everytime Sohae would pat him on the head.

"Sohae, you don't wanna do this— What the heaven?" Soeun gasped incredulously, barring her pearly whites from getting displayed in all their glory as she slammed her palm against her mouth. Warily, she trudged towards Jungkook, who had his bare shoulder exhibited due to Sohae's obstinacy at unclasping the poor man's apparel.

Not until Soeun had registered the inevitability of the situation, did she terminate her tread. Widening her eyes at the uncanny omission of the mark that set Jungkook and his kind aside from the rest of the population, the younger female had identified the trigger that was gradually inducing her sanity to go disoriented. Lifting her arm to beckon at the root of the ever-augmenting mess, Soeun's lips unknowingly trembled, leading her to resume at last.

"W—why does he not have the mark anymore? Did he emancipate himself? But how is that possible—" She mumbled, never once giving up on foraging for explanations to convince herself.

Although Jungkook had been made abreast with the abstruse enigmas of her world by Sohae from time to time, his rationale kept on oscillating back and forth. Whether believing in the contrasting history and present that Sohae had recited to him would be sagacious of him, or the opposite— Jungkook did not know anymore. He just wanted to run away, so far from all this hassle that he eventually fell off the face of the earth.