Chapter Twenty Eight

*Three months later*
Reader's POV:

A whole lot of things had happened in 3 months. I had started regular therapy sessions once a week, which believe it or not were actually helping. I hadn't told her everything but she knew that I had been raped. The nightmares had become less frequent, being reduced from every night to a few times a week. Me and Lana had moved in together, well I had moved into her place and it honestly was the best feeling.

I'd also finally managed to go back to work. I did consider leaving all together, the thought of having to face Chris every single day, or any man for that matter, tormented me to the point where just thinking about it made me panic. But then Lana had come home one day with information that Chris had been moved to a different department due to his inappropriate behaviour. Of course, she was still in the dark about him being the man who attacked me.. so she didn't notice the look of relief on my face, and she didn't question me when that moment was the moment I decided that it was time to go back to work. Of course I was still a little sceptical about just being in the same building as him, but I wasn't going to let him ruin my life completely.

"I think I'm ready." I stated to Lana whilst we were snuggled up in bed together watching a movie.

"Ready for what darling?"

"To go back to work."

"Are you sure? You can take as much time off as you need, especially seen as you're-"

I quickly cut her off with a kiss, a quiet whimper escaped her lips and I giggled softly nipping at her bottom lip as I slowly pulled away.

"I'm ready," I pressed my forehead against hers. "I just want things to start getting back to normal.." I paused for a moment, resting my head on Lana's chest. "As normal as things can be." An unsure chuckle escaped my lips. Things would never go back to normal, but I guess I'd have to get used to our new normal.

I'd only been back at work a couple of weeks. People had questioned where I'd been, but Lana quickly shut them down. I found myself constantly on edge. Jumping every time I heard the door go, my head snapping up waiting for Chris to enter, but it was never him. I also couldn't help but fear the worst whenever a man approached me, the majority of the people in the office were men, so that didn't help. But my desk was right next to Lana's office which made me feel a little safer.

I could feel Lana watching me from her office, as though waiting for me to snap, but I knew she was just worried. I assured her that I was fine, but how many times had I said that even though I was the complete opposite? I think I'm fine.

I watched the clock on the computer screen count down, checking off each minute until it reached 5:00pm. I glanced towards Lana's office, making sure she wasn't on a call or anything. She was just typing away on her computer and then her gaze met mine and she waved me over, a small smile gracing her features.

"How you feeling darling?" She asked as I entered her office. I knew that question would arise eventually, seen as she'd probably spent most of her day keeping an eye on me.

"I'm ok, just a little tired." I plonked myself down on the sofa, a sigh of relief leaving my lips at the cushiony feeling I melted into.

The brunette chuckled lightly before joining me on the sofa, one arm wrapped around my shoulders and the other resting comfortably on my slightly protruding tummy; rubbing small, soothing circles. "Remember to take it easy ok, stress isn't good for the baby."

I probably should have mentioned that we'd decided to keep the baby. Well I'd decided, and Lana had been so supportive. I couldn't go through with an abortion. Lana had sat with me in the clinic as promised but the minute my name was called out, I just couldn't go through with it. So me and Lana talked about it, and decided to go through with the pregnancy and raise the baby together. Chris didn't have to know about it, he wouldn't find out.

I rested my head against the back of the sofa, locking my gaze with Lana's as a smirk tugged at my lips. "I've been sat behind a desk for like 6 hours, I think that's as easy as it gets." I chuckled softly as Lana playfully shook her head.

"I know.. just don't stress yourself out. If at any point you feel overwhelmed or anything, promise you'll tell me? The last thing I want is something happening to you or the baby."

I smiled softly, reaching up and combing my fingers through her hair before bringing her lips down to meet mine. "I promise." I whispered. My own hand rested on my tummy, a smile tugging at my lips. It didn't feel real, that there was a life growing inside me. I tried not to think about how it was put there, or how I'd feel once it arrived. Me and Lana would love this baby no matter what.

"Have you eaten today?" Lana asked, reclaiming my attention.

Now it was my turn to playfully roll my eyes. "Yes I've eaten today, have you?"

"I'm not the one eating for two.."

"You still need to eat, pregnant or not." I paused for a moment before getting to my feet. "Come on I'm taking you out for food, I'm starving."

Her lips stretched out into a wide smile, making the corners of her eyes crinkle in the way I adored, it made my heart flutter. I pulled her to her feet and she wrapped her arms around my waist, lips claiming mine in a slow passionate kiss, one that made my insides melt.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door forcing me and Lana apart. I jumped slightly at the sudden interruption. As Lana groaned quietly to herself mumbling a few profanity's under her breath which made me chuckle.

"Come in!" Lana rolled her eyes as I took a seat on the sofa. This better not take long because I really am starving, I thought to myself. Then the door opened and I instantly felt like I was drowning. The walls were caving in. I was trapped, inside this room, with him. I'd forgotten how to breath as I gasped for air. My entire body shook, tears blurring my vision. I could hear voices but they were distant. Then I was back in that ally, pinned to the floor, Chris hovering above me.

My hand rested protectively on my stomach. His eyes met mine, and then travelled towards my stomach seeing the consequences of his despicable actions. There was only a tiny bump, but I was making it pretty noticeable by the way my hand was positioned, and if not he probably heard me and Lana talking.

He handed something to Lana, documents? I don't know. His mouth moved, forming words, directed to Lana but all I heard was blood pumping in my ears, the loud thud of my heart against my chest. Malicious eyes met mine once more, that same look he gave me when he was raping me.

Then he was gone. But I could still feel him watching me as I fought for breath.

You're probably all going to hate me, but who doesn't hehe! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed and thank you for reading!
~T ~