Chapter Fifteen

*One Month Later*
Reader's POV:

It had been a very tiring and stressful month, more for Lana than for me, but we were finally on the last stop of Lana's book tour. Baltimore. We had hardly been able to spend any time together because Lana was either at a book signing, attending interviews or having meetings; which of course was to be expected. There was even talk of Lana writing a second book, which was great! But it was like the universe just did not want to give us any time alone, other than when we were going to bed. But even then we were both just too tired to do anything.

Part of me felt like there was no point in me even accompanying her on her book tour. I was still her assistant but Lana invited me on the book tour as her girlfriend, not her assistant. Which I thought was sweet, but at least if I was her assistant I'd have things to keep me busy. She simply just wanted me to relax. "You're always working so hard darling, just take this time to relax and enjoy yourself." She had said. But how was I supposed to enjoy myself when she was so busy?

But in just a few hours we would finally be done. Lana only had a book signing and a couple interviews left, and then we would finally be able to spend some time together.

♡ ♡ ♡

"So Lana, before we wrap up the interview I have one final question that I'm sure a lot of your fans have been dying to know."

I watched eagerly from the side-lines. My face twisting into an expression of disgust as I saw the way the interviewer, Reagan something, touched my girlfriend. Her fingers brushing lightly over Lana's arm. I had watched her flirt with Lana for the past 45 minutes, a silent rage bubbling up inside of me, but as to not make a scene I kept quiet. Although it was a lot harder to control my facial expressions.

I saw Lana pull her arm away from her, a smug smile tugging at my lips as she did so. She had to remain professional for obvious reasons but I could tell she was slightly uncomfortable. Reagan, however was anything but professional, batting her eyelashes every 5 seconds, twirling her hair around her finger, laughing hysterically at anything Lana said, and of course touching her occasionally. The touching was what drove me crazy. I wasn't usually a jealous person. But now it was though a lifetime of jealousy was building up inside me, just a push away from exploding.

"Are you seeing anybody?" Reagan smiled hopefully, leaning in closer as though it was just the two of them, as though asking the question for herself. My palm twitched slightly because all I could think about was slapping that smile off her face.

Lana chuckled, she knew that question would come up eventually. We had kept our relationship pretty quiet, and by quiet I mean, away from the eye of the public. We had obviously been pictured together, but as far as the public were concerned, I was just her assistant. We hadn't intentionally kept it a secret, we just hadn't felt the need to broadcast it. A few people knew, it was kind of hard to hide it at work, and I was surprised that none of them assholes had leaked it for a bit of cash, especially Chris.

"As a matter of fact, I am." Lana's eyes met mine, and I felt myself blush slightly as a small smile tugged at my lips.

Reagan's smile faltered, and I felt a hint of triumph inside me, but the jealousy I felt outweighed it.

"I'm more than just seeing somebody, it's rather serious." Lana said matter of factly, her eyes drifting from Reagan to me. "I'm the happiest I've been in a very long time."

My insides warmed, melting away part of the jealousy I was feeling, and I hid my grin behind my hand.

"Well, that's good to hear!" Reagan forced a smile, but I could still see a glimmer of bitterness behind it. She quickly wrapped up the interview, and when she hugged Lana, it took every muscle, every bone in my body not to march over there and drag her off Lana by her hair.