Chapter Sixteen

Reader's POV:

"Y/n, can I see you in my office please?" Lana called from her office just as everyone was finishing for the day. Everyone turned their attention on us, including Chris, giving me the dirtiest look he could muster.

At this point everyone knew we were together, we were the talk of the whole department. I knew it wouldn't take them long to figure it out, it was impossible for me and Lana to hide our affection, and we didn't feel the need to anymore. People could say what they wanted, we were too head over heels in love to care. But, there was one particular person who despised it more than anyone, Chris.

He never had anything nice to say anyway, but now his hatred for me and Lana had only grown. I didn't understand what his problem was. Why was he so invested in our personal life?

He continued to glare daggers at me as I stood. I tried and failed to hide the smirk on my lips as I did so. It was mainly aimed at the way Lana had called me into her office. Sounding very professional and authoritative, almost like I was in trouble. She wasn't fooling anyone, everyone knew we were fucking, but it was cute nonetheless.

I slipped past her, seductively sliding my body close against hers, before she closed the door behind us.

"Am I in trouble Miss Winters?" I playfully teased, perching on the edge of her desk.

She sauntered over to me, a subtle smirk tugging at her lips. "Hmm, I missed you today." She whispered, pulling me into an embrace as her lips ghosted across my own before she gently tugged on my bottom lip.

"Well I am pretty missable." I teased before capturing her lips with my own. She giggled, peppering light kisses on my jawline leading down to my neck. A quiet moan left my mouth as she nipped at my neck.

"Guess what," Her voice was muffled against my neck before she pulled away, a smug smile on her face.

My mouth instantly formed into a pout at the loss of contact, but when I saw the look on her face my eyes narrowed slightly. "What?"

Her smile got wider, and she was now grinning like the Cheshire Cat. Curiosity was growing inside of me and I gave her a nudge, shooting her a questioning look. "What is it?" I pressed her.

"Well.. I'm writing another book."

The look she had on her face was the cutest, she resembled an excited puppy. Although I already knew she would write a second book eventually so I wasn't surprised.

"About you." She then added, before I had a chance to say anything. The excitement on her face increased, and now I was a little surprised. She was writing a book about me?

"What do you mean?"

"Well, my first book was about.. Briarcliff and Dr Thredson and.. well you know everything that happened in there." She pulled me closer, squeezing slightly. "As much as I loved being able to share my story with the world, it wasn't much of a happy story." She chuckled softly and I could see she was a little nervous.

"I want to write a book about life after Briarcliff, about finding my happiness after everything that happened.." She paused, her eyes searching mine as she brushed a strand of hair from my face. "You're the centre of my happiness. I want to write about us. About you."

My eyes widened, mouth opening and closing as I struggled to produce words. If someone had of told me that one day Lana Winters would write a book about me, I wouldn't have believed them in a million years. If someone had of told me that we would end up together, I definitely wouldn't have believed them, but here we are.

"Are you serious?"

Lana nodded her head slowly, biting on her lower lip as her mouth quirked up into a smirk.

"Why? What made you decide that?"

"Well I was planning on bringing out a second book eventually. About my life.. and well you're my life now so.."

I felt my cheeks heat up a little and I hid my face behind my hands in hopes she wouldn't notice. I couldn't stop myself from smiling and before I knew it tears were streaming down my face and I quickly wiped at them with the back of my hand.

"Not the reaction I was going for, but I hope those are happy tears!"

"Of course they're happy tears!" I giggled.

"Good. Now what do you say we go out for a drink or two and then back to mine?" She wriggled her eyebrows seductively.

"Sounds like a plan."

"Great! Go get your things together and we'll get going."

I pulled her in for a kiss, deepening it almost instantly. "I love you." I whispered breathlessly.

"I love you more."

"Impossible."

~PLEASE READ~

Okay, so first of all I'm sorry for the long wait and I'm sorry that this chapter is so short. I just needed a chapter to bridge between chapter 15 and chapter 17. Before I get into the important part I was thinking of maybe doing a spin off to this story, which will be Lana's second book? Would that be something you'd be interested in? It wouldn't be until this story is finished though. Let me know your thoughts.

Also, because my updates are so long I sometimes forget what I've written in each chapter so I don't know if I've made any mistakes. So if you read something that doesn't add up or if you see I've made any mistakes please tell me!

Now for the important part. I've already written chapter 17 but I won't be posting it until next week. As I've said numerous times the next chapter is a very emotional one and the following chapters will be just as emotional. It'll be a while before you get more cute/fluff chapters. The next chapter may be triggering for some people, as it was for me when I wrote it. I will obviously write a trigger warning at the start to remind you all.

That being said, everything will get better in the end. I'll explain more in the next chapter. Thank you for reading.
~T ~