Chapter One

POV: You're Lana Winters assistant, you obviously have feelings for her because.. well it's Lana Winters! Little do you know, she may feel the same.

Reader's POV:

It had just gone 9:00am when Miss Winters strolled into the office. A polite smile on her face as she greeted everyone with a "good morning" even the narcissistic males (who were just arseholes in my opinion) got a somewhat friendly smile off her. I rolled my eyes feeling physically sick as I watched them eyeing her up, their eyes fixed on her behind. God they were such pervs, I wanted nothing more than to punch that stupid look off their faces.

"Good morning, y/n." I jumped in my seat slightly not realising she was stood right next to my desk. She handed me a coffee and I smiled appreciatively up at her. She brought me a coffee every morning, I personally hated the stuff but it felt impolite to not accept them, especially when I was the only one she brought one for.

"I should be the one bringing you coffee." I took a small sip trying my best not to wince at the strong taste.

"Don't worry about it, darling." She winked at me and I almost choked on my coffee as the hot liquid burnt the back of my throat.

"I, um, I left your schedule for next week on your desk." I motioned towards her office with my free hand.

"Thank you, y/n." She gave me one last smile before heading to her office.

I sighed, turning to face my computer. I couldn't help but smile to myself at the little interaction that just happened. Miss Winters bringing me coffee, the way she playfully winked at me, the way she said my name and called me darling. It wasn't the first time I felt this tingly feeling inside me, my stomach did somersaults whenever I saw her.

My first day here I remember feeling so starstruck that I was going to be working with the Lana winters, I almost passed out. At first I thought I just looked up to her as a role model type of thing, she had been a huge influence in my life, considering everything she had been through. I'd always admired her.

I've been here for 3 months now and the feelings have only started to grow into something more. It feels kind of strange feeling like this, I've never felt this way about a woman before. I've only ever been with guys, I didn't even feel this strongly about them. I'd experimented with my sexuality when I was younger but I was barely old enough to understand.

Suddenly, I was pulled away from my thoughts as I heard someone call my name. I looked up to see Chris, one of the older guys and the biggest prick of them all, trying to get my attention. "Be a babe and get us a coffee." He called, putting an emphasis on the word babe. I was Miss Winters assistant, not his, but I didn't want to cause a scene so I gave him a tight lipped smile and reluctantly rose from my seat.

"Of course." I might even spit in it to. I thought to myself. Just as I was about to leave I felt a hand placed firmly on my shoulder halting me in place. I turned to see Miss Winters, a frown etched on her face, but it wasn't directed at me.

"We've been through this, y/n is not here to go on coffee runs. Just because she is the youngest and the only female, does not mean you can treat her like your personal slave."

Chris just rolled his eyes, clearly annoyed at the fact he just got a telling off from a woman in front of all his peers. It was astounding, the power she had over these men.

"Now get back to work please." Even being authoritative she still managed to have a soft lilt to her voice.

They all did as they were told but not without groaning and mumbling under their breath first. Which Miss Winters either didn't hear or chose to ignore. God, they really were the worst type of men. They couldn't stand the fact a woman was in charge. I turned to face Miss Winters, offering a shy smile as a thank you, she returned the smile and turned towards her office gesturing for me to follow.

Once we were in her office she shut the door and closed the blinds. "You shouldn't let them treat you like that." She opened a window slightly, perching on the windowsill as she placed a cigarette between her lips, expertly lighting it.

Suddenly realising I was staring at her, I averted my gaze. "I don't mind." I shrugged. Yes, that was a big fat lie. It pissed me off deeply. But what pissed me off more was the degrading things they said about Miss Winters behind her back when they thought I wasn't listening, the way they leered at her like she was nothing more than a piece of meat; it really was sickening.

"You should." She blew a puff of smoke out of her mouth, tapping the end of her cigarette in a nearby ashtray.

"I'm just an intern, what can I do?" I shuffled from foot to foot, eyes fixed on the floor. I was always so nervous around her and didn't want to say or do the wrong thing.

"You're not just an intern. You're a human being who deserves to be treated with the same respect as anybody else." There was a hint of annoyance in her voice which caused me to lift my head in fear that I had in fact said or done something wrong.

Her expression softened and she made her way around the desk, putting her cigarette out first and closing the window. "Look," She lent against the desk, arms folded across her chest. "I was once where you are, before.." She trailed off, a hint of sadness to her voice, I knew what she was referring to. "I used to let people walk all over me. I didn't realise it at first until I noticed that people who were higher ranked than me, were being treated with more respect. People thought that because I was a female that gave them the right to mistreat me. Nobody took me seriously." She paused for a second and I took this as an opportunity to say something.

"So, what did you do?" I asked.

She chuckled as though there was an obvious answer to my question. "Nothing." She shrugged. "There was nothing I could do. I was just a woman, not to be taken seriously. Nothing I said or did would make them see me as an equal. I was just something to look at, I guess." She paused standing up straight. "But look where I am today. I never thought I would get to this point, after everything that happened. It took some time but I finally got where I wanted to be. I proved them all wrong." She stepped towards me so she was in reaching distance, and brushed a piece of hair behind my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

"You're a beautiful girl, y/n." I blushed at her words. "But don't let them think that's all you are. Stand up for yourself, show them that you're not someone to be messed with or treated any differently because of who you are." Her hand lingered on my cheek for a second before falling to her side.

"I just don't want to risk losing this job, I like it here." I really did like it here, regardless of the dickheads I had to put up with on a daily basis. I got to work with Miss Winters every day, I learnt a lot from her. She made me feel like I mattered, the first time in my life I ever felt acknowledged.

"I hired you so I get to fire you, and why would I fire the best assistant I've ever had?" She gently tilted my chin up so I was looking at her. No doubt she'd be able to see my cheeks turn pink. "You know what your problem is? You don't believe in yourself." That was definitely true and wasn't the first time someone had pointed that out to me. "You're a very competent and capable person. I wouldn't of hired you if I thought otherwise." I couldn't help the silly grin that formed on my face.

"Thank you." My voice was a little shaky but I don't think she noticed.

"Any time darling." She winked at me and I had to bite down on my lip to stop from smiling like a schoolgirl.

Miss Winters made her way to sit behind her desk and I chose this as my cue to leave. Just as I reached the door, I glanced at the brunette over my shoulder. "Oh and don't forget you have a meeting with your publicist in about-" I looked down at my watch to check the time. "Half an hour." I reminded her.

The older woman nodded, a sincere smile spreading across her lips. "See, what would I do without you?" A huge grin graced my features as I exited her office.

So here's chapter 1! Please let me know what you think. Chapter 2 will hopefully be uploaded in the next few days.

I also can not think of a good title for this story so please send suggestions. Thank you.
~T ~