Chapter Nine

Lana's POV:

You know that feeling when you're having a really good dream and it feels so real, but then you wake up to find that's all it was, a dream? So you close your eyes, desperately trying so hard to fall asleep again so you can continue living your dream. That's exactly how I felt right now, when I woke up it was like I was still dreaming. I kept thinking, any minute now I'll wake up for real, and I would be back at Briercliffe. It was a pinch me kind of moment; as cliche as it might sound. It was honestly the best feeling ever.

I silently watched y/n as she lay next to me fast asleep. I gently brushed her hair out of her face, placing a soft kiss to her forehead, careful not to wake her. She looked so calm and relaxed. I would never get tired of looking at her, seeing her beautiful smile, hearing that laugh; god her laugh was infectious. Feeling her skin against mine, smelling the sweet smell of her perfume. I felt safe when I was with her, like nothing bad would ever happen again. It was everything I ever wanted, but never thought was possible after what happened. I didn't think I would ever find anyone else after Wendy. I was completely set on being single for the rest of my life. But then y/n came along and changed everything. From the moment she stepped foot in my office all flustered and shy, I knew my life was never going to be the same again.

The amount of times I wanted to kiss her and touch her as I silently watched her from my office, was more than I could count. But I couldn't act on my impulses, I didn't want to scare her off, and of course it was unprofessional with her being my assistant, and the 15 year age gap between us, but none of that mattered now.

Sure, we had only been together for a couple of days, but I'd known her for over three months, and that's all it took for me to fall completely, madly in love with her.

♡ ♡ ♡

Readers POV:

I awoke to the sound of the light ocean breeze as it cascaded around me, mixed with the faint sound of the gentle waves. The sun had begun to rise indicating it was the early hours of the morning. I stared up at the sky, replaying yesterday's memories in my mind, a soft smile gracing my features. We had spent most of the night walking along the beach, hand in hand. Watching the sunset and listening to the waves crash against the shore. We laughed and talked, she told me things, I told her things. We made love on the beach, and fell asleep to the sound of the ocean. It was complete bliss. Like something from a movie.

My hand instinctively reached out in search of Lana but was met with emptiness and I noticed that she wasn't next to me, for a split second my heart dropped, but then I saw she was stood down by the shore just gazing out. I didn't want to disturb her so I just silently watched her, wrapping the blanket around myself. She looked so serene, so peaceful and happy, I could watch her all day.

After a couple of minutes I decided to go and join her, it was getting quite chilly and she was only wearing her dress so I grabbed her coat.

"Hey," I said as I approached her, wrapping her coat around her shoulders. She smiled at me gratefully, and whispered a; "Thank you".

"It's beautiful isn't it?" She said as she looked out across the ocean, pulling her coat tighter around her body.

My eyes were still on her as I replied. "Yeah, you are." My gaze then shifted to the ocean. "The view ain't bad either." We both burst out into a fit of giggles and Lana wrapped her arms around me, pulling me close.

"How on earth did I get so lucky?" She whispered placing a kiss to the top of my head.

I pulled back to look at her, softly shaking my head. "I'm the lucky one." I reached up, pressing my lips against hers in a passionate kiss. Cupping her cheeks as I deepened the kiss. My tongue pushed its way into her mouth and a low moan escaped the back of her throat. The kiss became more hungry and we pulled away breathlessly giggling.

"How about we go back to mine, and take a shower?" I said seductively wiggling my eyebrows. "Then maybe we can cuddle up on the sofa and watch a movie or something?"

The brunette bit down on her lower lip, pulling me against her body. "Or something?" She asked raising her eyebrows.

I just shrugged my shoulders and she giggled softly as I took her hand in mine, leading her across the beach.

Okay, sorry this chapter is a little short but I didn't want to drag it out and I had no clue what to even write about. 🙈 I hope you enjoyed it and please let me know what you think.
~T ~