you're? with mine?

"you're? with mine?" jj stutters.

i nod in his direction, then look back towards the water. i couldn't look him in the eyes. i felt so guilty. i am the one who asked to have sex. why couldn't i have just given him the damn lighter and walked away?

"what are you gonna do?"

i don't answer.

"i completely support any choice you make. if you choose to keep it, have an abortion, do adoption, whatever. i would just like to know. if you want me to be there- i- i will be." jj says.

a tear falls down my cheek and onto jj's hand, which was resting on my thigh.

"hey," jj's voice softens, "it's okay, sage. come here." he pulls me into his chest and allows me to sob into it.

"i don't know what to do."

"shh. it's okay. you have, what? 9 months?"

"i can't have an abortion. i won't do it. and- adoption- i just..." my voice trails off.

"then you'll have the baby- we'll have the baby. i will be there, sage--- if you want me to, of course." jj whispers softly. his hand scratches my back lightly.

"jj, you can't afford that."

"then i'll take extra shifts. i'll save my money-- stop buying weed. i want to be here for you sage, and this baby."

i pull away from his chest and look up at him. "thank you." i breathe out.

"anything for sage lexen."

a moment of silence creeps over us again.

"does anybody know?" jj questions.

"my brother."

"can i tell john b?"

i look towards the boy again. "s-sure. just- make sure he doesn't say shit to anyone."

"yeah, no, yeah. of course."

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

i eventually end up sneaking through sarah's window. i need to get to the cameron house before anyone else does.

im happy jj was so supportive about this whole situation. the fact that he would take extra shifts, save his money, and do anything he could to support me was so incredibly validating.

my family can easily afford another child, but i don't want them to pay for everything. plus, what if my parents weren't supportive? then jj and i would be all on our own.

i can't tell if jj telling john b was a good thing or not. when i was friends with kiara, she would talk about how they're like brothers. maybe he was looking for advice, or he wanted to talk about how he got a kook knocked up.

"sarah! sage!" a voice yells from the front doorway.

sarah and i had been watching mulan for about 30 minutes prior to our familes walking through the door.

"in the living room!" sarah shouts back.

i never mentioned meeting up with jj to sarah tonight. i also didn't mention the fact that i had a clump of cells, that would soon be a human, growing inside of me.

"how was your night, girls?" ward cameron questions.

"fine." we both say in unison.