i'll tell the whole island

kiara guides me back to the main part of the restaurant. jj smiles when he sees me, but it's quickly erased when he sees kie's reaction.

i swiftly walk to him. he grabs my hand tightly. soon, kiara appears behind me and in front of jj.

"you're gonna be a dad and you didn't tell me?"

"kie-"

"dude, im so happy for you but why didn't you say something?"

"i was scared."

"you can trust me, jj. always."

i smile at the interactions between kiara and jj. i knew it was hard for jj to talk about his feelings, and this was an especially hard thing for him to go through, but i'm happy kiara knew now. it was like a weight had been lifted off our shoulders. i just hoped she could keep her mouth shut.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

jj and i quickly ate, then went back to my house. we had been spending a lot of time at home. it just felt safe there. plus, i was vomiting every other 30 minutes.

jj was in the basement playing mario kart with west and rafe. i decided to skip out on the intense yelling and wrestling.

sleeping was the one way i could avoid vomiting or insane headaches. before i was pregnant, i could never take naps. now, i spend half of my day sleeping. normally, jj would sit next to me and watch tv, but i wasn't going to ask him to do that.

i had been reading in bed for around 30 minutes when my maybank boy came through my bedroom doorway. he plopped on my bed, then layed his head on my stomach. he does this often. sometimes-- when he thinks i'm asleep-- he'll talk to the baby. i find it the cutest thing in the world.

"can you stop giving your mom such a hard time?" jj whispers into my stomach. i smile at the sound of his soft voice. "it's really hard to have fun with her when you're making her sick." jj continues whispering sweet things to the baby. i couldn't stop smiling at the idea of him as a father.

"we need to start brainstorming names, j. we should also start thinking about nursery things or if we want to get our own place, stuff like that."

"names can be your job. nursery is questionable. i would like to have one though. it gives us our own space. i would like to get our own place, but i don't think we could afford it."

"i have a savings account with almost 36k in it."

"you- what-"

"yeah. the wreck pays better than you would think. plus, i have had more than one job. ward cameron would pay me $30 a meal when i would make food for rafe, wheezie, and sarah while he was gone. i have also saved up from every birthday ever."

"jesus, sage."

"i work my ass off, jj."

"i hear that. i have less than 100 saved." his voice trails off towards the end of his sentence.

"it's okay, maybank. i get it. you're working as much as you can. i'm proud of you, okay?"

"yeah."

"can we go to bed now?"

"sure, my love."

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫