my destroyer.

jj and i both know that if i don't find out if the baby is okay, i won't stop wondering, but i also know that i will never forgive myself if something happens to the baby during the procedure.

jj and i have been trying distract ourselves from the overwhelming decision we have to make. lately we have spent a lot of time at the chateau. we've gone on, like, twelve boat day trips in the last month. it's been nice. i miss this. everything being normal.

the pogues have honestly been really supportive during this whole thing. i always knew they were nice people and all, but i didn't think they were big fans of kooks, or outsiders for that matter.

i invited john b, pope, sarah, and kie over to hang out. i love the chateau, but my house definitely has a lot more entertainment for a group of teenagers.

the boys all went downstairs with west. kie, sarah, and i stayed in the kitchen. sarah was sitting on the counter while shoving goldfish crackers in her mouth. kie and i started to search chocolate chip cookie recipes, but we were interrupted by my mom.

"mrs. lexen!" sarah shouts excitedly. my mom smiles as she walks towards the blonde, then pulls her in for a hug.

kiara gives a small smile, which my mom returns.

the boys stumble up the stairs. im sure they figured mom came with food. they're probably starving at this point.

"damn. no food," west groans. he begins to bring the boys back downstairs, but they're interrupted by the door opening.

"are you kids expecting someone?" my mom questions. she's tying her apron around her waist and smiling.

we all shake our heads. nobody else was supposed to come. i thought that maybe west invited rafe, but he looks just as confused as the rest of us.

i know it takes just about 40 seconds to walk from the door the kitchen. i timed it my freshman year in order to achieve the best sneak-out.

25 seconds.

we all stand in silence and anticipation as we wait for the person to reveal themselves. west gets each of us a knife. my mom clicks her tongue and pushes him away while rolling her eyes.  i guess i get the rolling eyes thing from her.

10 seconds.

this is the longest 40 seconds i have ever experienced.

5 seconds.

seriously, what is taking so long?

"dad?"

"will?"