echogenic focus.

"sage, there's really no need to panic." the doctor explains. "yet."

"yet?"

"correct. the baby has a small light right here on their chest. it's an echogenic focus. currently, there is no effect on the baby's health."

"so, what's the problem then?" jj asks. i personally couldn't form words to ask the same. thank god jj is here.

"like i said, at the moment, there is no problem, but an echogenic focus can be a marker for possible chromosomal abnormalities. it could also be nothing."

"so you don't know for sure? aren't you a doctor? shouldn't you have, like, a phd in this or something?"

"jj-"

"we can't tell if anything is wrong from the ultrasound. there is a procedure we can do which is quite a common procedure, but there are risks. i can give you some time to think about it, and some different sources to research. does that sound okay?"

i physically can't comprehend words at this moment. jj can tell. he answers the rest of the doctor's questions.

i don't remember the car ride home. one minute i was in the hospital, the next i was at home. jj tried to make me eat, but i couldn't.

jj.

i'm worried about sage. yeah, i'm concerned about the baby, but sage is taking it so much worse.

she locked herself in her room about an hour ago. i tried everything to make her eat, but she wouldn't do it. i decided she needed some space, so i left. the chaeteu was the first place i had in mind, but then everyone would ask questions and i just want to be alone.

i decided to go to the boneyard. it's the place where sage and i started our relationship, and where she told me about the baby. it's beautiful, too. great surfing spot.

i sit in the sand for a while, just thinking about everything. i hope sage comes out of this slump soon. i miss her. her bubbly laugh. god, i'm so in love with this girl.

sage.

after jj left, i took a nap. i had been crying so much that i was exhausted. when i woke up, i found jj beside me. i also noticed the amount of emptiness in my stomach. jeez, i should've eaten.

"jj," i whisper into the boy's ear.

"hmm." he grumbles.

"i'm hungry."

"order pizza."

"you're the worst."

"lies."

i chuckle as i walk towards the phone. although sweet, the maybank boy was one helluva drama queen.

a/n

rawr

hi babes

you're so cool

i love you

-m