that's going to be me.

the morning sickness had practically disappeared, but there are still some things that make me nauseous. fish, pineapple, and tacos are my top three. it's really annoying, especially because i love pineapple, and i'm surrounded by the smell of fish all the time.

jj still lays sound asleep next to me, we were going to another ultrasound appointment today, where we might find out the gender of our baby. after the appointment, we decided we could go shopping for the nursery.

"jj, it's 10 am. get up." i whisper into the boy's ear.

"5 more minutes."

"i smell bacon and waffles." i smile. breakfast must be jj's favorite meal of the day. everytime i mention it, he gets really excited.

"fine." he groans, before getting up. i chuckle as he exits the room.

i follow the boy. as i get into the kitchen, i notice the lack of people in the room. "where's my mom?"

"don't know." jj says, before shoving a waffle in his mouth. "yo, so i know we're going to the ultrasound thingy, but instead of going nursery shopping you wanna hang with the pogues?"

"sure."

"are you okay?"

i turn to jj, who had a concerned look wiped over his face.

"yeah, it just feels like there's a weird movement in my stomach. i can't really focus."

jj sighs, then kisses my stomach. "i think it's the baby kicking."

"what-"

"i told you those parenting books were informational." jj deadpans, making me smile.

"don't get my hopes up like that, maybank. are you sure?"

jj kisses my forehead. "i am 99% sure, love."

"woah."

jj smiles, then goes back to his food.

••

i thought the 2nd ultrasound would be easier than the first-- that i would have less nerves-- but it hasn't been that way so far.

my leg bounced while in the waiting room. even when jj placed his hand on my thigh, i couldn't stop the bouncing.

"your blood pressure is going to start rising, love." jj says, picking up a parenting magazine.

"put it down jj." i say. he listens.

a woman walks into the lobby. she must be towards the end of her pregnancy. a small toddler dances at her feet. the way she places her hand on her back to hold herself up scares the shit out of me. that's going to be me.

the small toddler has the cutest blonde pigtails i have ever seen. she has two little bows in her hair. her shoes light up as she walks. i can't take my eyes off her. her eyes meet mine. i wiggle my fingers in the air, waving at her. she laughs and turns into her mom's belly.

"sage lexen?"

••

a/n

i apologize for not posting more often

im trying !!

anyways

ilysm

thank u for being u